Are Forums secure?

Started by NBOSTI, June 23, 2017, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBOSTI

I usually check the forums on a daily basis, my browser has always warned that the connection is not secure,... check anyways, helpful things crop up.
Until this morning,..each time I clicked on the forums I got a "Bad Gateway" message. On both Fire-Fox and Safari. I thought they must be blocking because of  insecure  site warning. But I also ran into problems trying to remove unwanted episodes from "My Week".
They would go away, and  then reappear a few seconds later. 
Out of curiosity I tried the forums again just a while ago and could get back in. Also the remove episode function is working again.
Would this of been because of the server error posted earlier?

But I would also really like to know why the "Online Forums" connection is "Not Secure". I have used this for years and have always wondered why,..now I need to know.
Any reply appreciated. Thanks.

Mac Mini; 3x Elgato Diversity Sticks= 6 channels recording.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi NBOSTI,

The message is purely because the forum is not currently hosted via HTTPS and is only HTTP, however we will look at moving it over inline with the rest of the IceTV websites.

The Bad Gateway message this morning on the forum this morning was because our server actually ran out of space overnight and PHP fell over, this was fixed this morning and has run fine since then.

Not sure about the issues within My Week, we did have some hiccups with some server updates during the past 24 hours or so, but these have now settled down and could have caused the behaviour you were seeing in My Week.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

NBOSTI

Thanks for the reply Daniel,
But I spoke too soon about the "Remove Episode" problem. As soon as I had posted  and went back to My Week the episode I had removed was showing again. I am not that fussed as I do my fetches manually and  I can just delete the schedule from my  EyeTV  list. But never had this problem before.
I'll just wait it out,... things usually just come good again I have found, ..don't how or why but I'm patient and have work arounds  to use in the meantime