Unable to record mission impossible ghost protocol

Started by simoncasey, June 22, 2017, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eafywan

This seems to be the same sort of thing I am experiencing. I have tried to record the Graham Norton Show tonight and it won't add it. The ICE TV log in the T4 shows the timer was deleted and now wont add again. It was in the list to be recorded in both the app and in the T4 timers until today. This has happened randomly with movies for me as well, but not for a while, only seems to happen on shows that have been set as a single recording rather than a series.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: eafywan on June 23, 2017, 02:48:51 PM
This seems to be the same sort of thing I am experiencing. I have tried to record the Graham Norton Show tonight and it won't add it. The ICE TV log in the T4 shows the timer was deleted and now wont add again. It was in the list to be recorded in both the app and in the T4 timers until today. This has happened randomly with movies for me as well, but not for a while, only seems to happen on shows that have been set as a single recording rather than a series.

Hi eafywan,

It looks like the Graham Norton show is currently set to record, but I can see where it got deleted.

I have enabled some additional logging on your account, if you could try one of these timers again and let me know the show I can have a look through the logs to see what is happening.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

eafywan

Hi Daniel, I added that timer manually using the guide on the T4, then resynced and it now shows it ready to record.

simoncasey

It's not looking good for me. The timer for galaxy quest that started at 18:30 inexplicably got deleted at 18:50 (its in the log) so only 20 mins have been recorded.

I'm now concerned about the integrity of all of my other timers so I will probably have to disable icetv and set all manually

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on June 23, 2017, 07:10:55 PM
It's not looking good for me. The timer for galaxy quest that started at 18:30 inexplicably got deleted at 18:50 (its in the log) so only 20 mins have been recorded.

I'm now concerned about the integrity of all of my other timers so I will probably have to disable icetv and set all manually

Ahh yep, checked that one out and found the issue, this has now been corrected.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

I've just had this same issue again. This time with Blair Witch project. I set a one off recording for it but just noticed that it isn't recording.

When I opened the app I could see that I originally set it as a recording as the red dot was initially there but disappeared when the app refreshed.

prl

There are quite a number of bugs in the Android app (I'm not sure which one you're using, but the iOS one may have similar issue). Trying to record one-off and repeat shows in the app is a mess. I no longer use the app much for setting recordings because it always means checking in the guide to see whether the show that I want to set the recording on is a new series. Otherwise I have to use the Web page to set the recording anyway.

See: Recording one-off shows and other problems with Recommendations (Dec 2017). In particular "... if you set up a recording for a repeat from the app's Recommendations, the recording defaults to 'First runs'. Worse, there's no way of telling whether a recording set this way is a repeat or not, except by going back to Search or TV Guide."

Dave at IceTV responded about a fortnight after I posted with "I did forward this on with a comment saying that it was nice of you to collate all of the Android quirks into one page to make it easier when we update the Android app." However, there hasn't been an update to the Android app since.

I "bumped" the topic in May, but there wasn't any response.

tl;dr: Don't use the Android app to set recordings on one-off shows or repeats. The iOS app may have the same issues, but I don't know.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing