Toppy 2460 rebooting in Brisbane

Started by 2353, May 14, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a problem with the EPG or if my Toppy is telling me it time to be pensioned off.

MD

If it's rebooting every few minutes it's because it lacks enough memory  cope with the size of an EPG due to the many new channels that gave been aired since it was designed. Go to your IceTV Guide Settings and disable all the SD channels that are duplicated in HD, as I think your Toppy can handle MPEG4, if I'm wrong do it the other way and disable HD channels. That would be ABC, SBS, SBS Vicelabd, 7, 9 and 10.

IanL-S

There are other possible causes; there is a discussion of them on the oztoppy wiki - in the when things go wrong, Toppy reboots.

My main 2400 was acquired in December 2009 and is still going strong. I have another and 2 7100+ which are also getting on in years.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Thanks folks - took all the SD channels off the TV guide and the Toppy has been running for a couple of hours.  Would I be correct in surmising that this 'undocumented product feature' was not fixed before Topfield's latest dramas - so it probably never will be?

IanL-S

Correct. It appears that Topfield stopped all work on Australian Toppys when they lost control of Toppro which was then found to be insolvent by the "true" owners. About the same time Topfield Korea did a restructure ... separated the PVR business from other parts of the company.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help