Forum search is broken

Started by prl, October 15, 2016, 01:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on April 01, 2017, 02:02:29 PM
Five months on, and forum search still doesn't work.

The ability to preview posts (which also broke some time ago) is still missing from the Post windows.

Any idea when these might be fixed?

Such snarks, I'm told, can be found as follows:
Quote"You may seek it with thimbles—and seek it with care;
   You may hunt it with forks and hope;
You may threaten its life with a railway-share;
   You may charm it with smiles and soap—'"

Holy crap, forum search is fixed... was an incompatibility with php7 it looks like, they used a 'continue' where it should have been a 'return', that's it... wow.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Are you sure it's fixed? I just did a search on "forum search is fixed", and it's improved a bit, because I got properly formatted forum page instead of The Bellman's "perfect and absolute blank," but it didn't actually have any search results in it.

Even searches for "ice" and "icetv", which I'd expect would return a lot of results, return no results.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on May 18, 2017, 06:09:14 PM
Are you sure it's fixed? I just did a search on "forum search is fixed", and it's improved a bit, because I got properly formatted forum page instead of The Bellman's "perfect and absolute blank," but it didn't actually have any search results in it.

Even searches for "ice" and "icetv", which I'd expect would return a lot of results, return no results.

Hmm, now that is very weird.

I definitely got results back when I was testing, so I just tried again and for "ice" I get 26 pages of results and for "icetv" I get 14 pages worth.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

I just re-tried searching for "icetv", and I got no results. Nicely formatted, though :D

Just doesn't like me.  :'(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on May 19, 2017, 05:55:43 PM
I just re-tried searching for "icetv", and I got no results. Nicely formatted, though :D

Just doesn't like me.  :'(
Apparently not.    ;D  Works for me
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

blip

Doesn't seem to work if you use the search box at the top right of the screen when viewing a topic but works from other screens.

prl

Quote from: blip on May 21, 2017, 05:22:09 AM
Doesn't seem to work if you use the search box at the top right of the screen when viewing a topic but works from other screens.

Yes, now that I've checked in more detail, that's what's happening for me, too. Broken in a new and inventive manner now ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use