All Timers and Series Gone From Skippa

Started by ChrisW, April 22, 2017, 05:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

I set a movie to record today. As I was walking out the door I noticed that the recording light was on so I knew the recording had started as expected.

When I got home there was no sign of the recording, plus My Week and My Series are empty on the Skippa.

Everything (timers and series) appears ok on the website.

I manually set tonight's timers and resent all the timers via the website. The Skippa menu shows Last Update timestamps after that request but neither the timers or series have returned.

It seems to me that the Skippa is failing to get information from the web server, however web access appears ok.

Help!! (please)

MD

Hi Chris, you seem to have 2 Skippas authorised.  Skippa 1 has all your recording s waiting but Skippa 2 has none.  Have you logged your actual Skippa as 2 therefore are sending recordings to the non-existent one? If so I'd delete the phantom one so as not to cause confusion.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: ChrisW on April 22, 2017, 05:07:42 PM
I manually set tonight's timers and resent all the timers via the website. The Skippa menu shows Last Update timestamps after that request but neither the timers or series have returned.

It seems to me that the Skippa is failing to get information from the web server, however web access appears ok.
All the Skippa's schedules are still queued on the website, though your account shows that your Skippa has set them in its schedule list.

I notice that the Skippa (the active device named 'Skippa') is fetching from IceTV at irregular intervals since 1:30pm today (the 22nd).

Try resetting the EPG.

1. Go to 'Menu > Settings > IceTV'.
2. Select 'Reset EPG' and press OK.
3. The Skippa will now reboot and download the channel list and EPG data again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 22, 2017, 09:51:33 PM
... fetching from IceTV at irregular intervals since 1:30pm today (the 22nd). ...
[my emphasis]

Is that related to the connection problems I noticed earlier today?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

TimC

I too have the same problem.  I also have two Skippas.
One (Skippa) fails to record. The other (Skippa2) works OK but all the series recordings have disappeared.

I can see them in the APP but not in Skippa2.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

TimC

I should also add that I tried resetting the EPG, but it didn't help

ChrisW

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 22, 2017, 09:51:33 PM
All the Skippa's schedules are still queued on the website, though your account shows that your Skippa has set them in its schedule list.

I notice that the Skippa (the active device named 'Skippa') is fetching from IceTV at irregular intervals since 1:30pm today (the 22nd).

Try resetting the EPG.

1. Go to 'Menu > Settings > IceTV'.
2. Select 'Reset EPG' and press OK.
3. The Skippa will now reboot and download the channel list and EPG data again.

MD: Like TimC above, I actually do have 2 Skippas (Skippa and Skippa2), the second of which I added over the Easter weekend and all has been ok since then. So it is not a "phantom". Skippa2 has been turned off since it was tested, as I only have it as a spare.

DAVE: I actually did a full power reset prior to resending the timers.

As TimC appears to have exactly the same problem under the same arrangement I will assume something has gone screwy at IceTV's end. I'll set all my timers manually pending a response.

Thanks all.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There is definitely something weird happening, but right now I cannot say exactly what.

I can confirm though that if you set a series recording for something already setup it will correctly update the existing series recording and work correctly.

Will keep investigating and update when I have more info.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

TimC

I tried the same thing and it replied with "can't find ICE TV".

blockertig

I can confirm my skippa has also lost its recording and scheduled programs on 22 April. I have done several reboots include the recommended EPG reset to no avail. I have had to manually schedule programs which has worked. During this process I noticed when in the TV guide that it kept saying that ICETV was ofline. This seems to happen for 5 minutes and then comes back. In this time my skippa tends to lock up and not respond to any commands from my remote. This seems to have got better this evening but still no schedule recordings are coming from the Ice TV server. Obviously my skippa is communicating with those servers but it seems to be a one way street. My conclusion is that the problem is at ICETV's end.

One other thing. I am in the Newcastle region and a couple of days before this problem the Channels set for the Northern region all of a sudden was adding 7HD as I started getting email alerts. Prime 7 does not broadcast in HD so I disabled the 7HD selection but on checking yesterday whilst trying to resend my recordings it was back selected again. I do not know if the current problems with Skippa are related but strange things are happening.

Any solutions beyond resetting the EPG because that ain't working and I don't fancy manually setting by series recording every week. Also when I am doing that it is picking up every repeat and SD version even though my skippa is set for no repeats and HD preferred.

blockertig

And now my skippa has just rebooted itself and I have just lost all the manually series recorded programs I had set up for the next week. So even that is not working. solutions please.

blockertig

Just confirming the series recordings I manually set up and just lost were the ones I had already set up on the ICETV site and the app. So if skippa reboots for any reason at the moment you lose all your series recordings again.

So there is nothing in 'my series' as well as 'my week' on skippa. The EPG is currently available up to midnight Saturday night 29 April.

ChrisW

I've been manually adding timers directly from the Skippa EPG and they have been working ok.

ChrisW

Quote from: ChrisW on April 23, 2017, 10:37:09 PM
I've been manually adding timers directly from the Skippa EPG and they have been working ok.

I take that back - my Skippa also rebooted itself and all the manual timers were gone.

IanL-S

Could be something strange going on. Got an email over night saying my SKIPPA 1 had two timers rejected: "Message from recorder:   Show not found in guide". (two programs one on ABC HD last night; Doctor Who and Doctor Blake)

Got another one for Peaky Blinders on ABC 2 on 25-4-17 with "Message from recorder:   Expired."

No error messages from SKIPPA 2.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help