7HD Melbourne FTA EPG 24th April...

Started by Garyvx, April 22, 2017, 10:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garyvx

It seems that 7HD in Melbourne on April 24th is showing the same as 7Mate and not 7 for the whole day on my T3 and T4 using the FTA EPG.
I would love to record the AFL in HD but I believe that this is a mistake. IceTV EPG is fine on my HTPC.

Regards Gary

Tiphanee

Hi there -

Many thanks for your note.

This has now been changed over in the ICE database and the change will be reflected in the next 5-10 minutes.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Garyvx

Hi Tiphanee
I think you may need to change it back as I believe IceTV EPG was correct before. I think 7 is broadcasting an incorrect EPG.
Maybe keep a close eye on it. :)

Regards Gary

Dave at IceTV

Hi Gary,

Did you miss blip's post? The one with this link:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/04/afl-agrees-to-7mate-switch-for-anzac-eve-clash.html

Since May 2016 Network Seven have been regularly switching 7HD between being a HD simulcast of 7 digital and a HD simulcast of 7mate. Especially in different states. 7HD in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth started off as a HD copy of 7mate while in Melbourne and Adelaide it was a HD copy 7 digital. Which channel 7HD is a copy of all depends on what sporting event or series is on at the time in each state.

To avoid missed recordings people living in areas that receive 7HD should have 7HD, 7mate and 7 digital enabled. Or just 7mate and 7 digital.

EDIT Maybe "I" should have read all of the TVTonight article at that link  :-\
Seven's six-year broadcasting agreement with the AFL requires matches to be played in HD,
... Seven has agreed to switch on its HD signal for 7Mate in order to show the game.

It says seven are broadcasting 7mate as HD for this Monday night's AFL match. There was no mention of 7HD switching its source channel.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Garyvx

Yep, I did read it, maybe closer than you :) , I'm happy now that 7Mate will be in HD for the football, but my wife will kill me if I miss recording "My Kitchen Rules" , that's why I have a T3 and T4 with FTA EPG and a HTPC with IceTV, I can cover all bases.

Regards Gary