Copy recordings between Skippas

Started by ChrisW, April 15, 2017, 07:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

Hi.

Is there an easy way of transferring recordings from one Skippa to another, maintaining the program names and folders for series, etc?

Regards,
Chris

Dave at IceTV

I am certain that when you can copy them onto the new Skippa they will end up in 'Media > Local > Recordings". And you lose the thumbnail images and extended info (episode descriptions) but all other info is retained (resume point, played status, parental ratings, title, date, channel).

You could leave the recordings on a USB and play them from there (in 'Media > Local > USB"). You get the exact same information as if they were in 'Media > Local > Recordings".

If the old Skippa's hard drive is okay you could just swap the hard drives. Much quicker than copying large files from Skippa A to USB drive and then from USB drive to Skippa B.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ChrisW

Thanks Dave.

Would each Skippa be able to see/play the other's recordings if they on the same network, under Media I would assume?

I seem to recall such ability being requested or offered in the original design, but obviously such information is long gone.

Regards,
Chris

Dave at IceTV

Yes. Both Skippas will appear on your network as DLNA/UPnP compatible media servers. So they will be able to see each other and stream each other's recordings.

But auto ad skip won't work. This was one of the improvements that was coming in the future software update that never arrived.

Here is what the device list looks like (if you have multiple media servers on your network).

The file list is very basic,

compared to the USB file list,

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ChrisW

Thanks Dave.

That raises one final question: Is auto ad-skipping recognised in recordings transferred to USB?

Dave at IceTV

I am 99% certain the answer is no.

But you could test it to be sure. Record a 30 minute show on one of the main SD commercial channels (7, 9 or 10), wait for the Skippa to finish processing the auto skip, move the recording to a USB thumb drive then see if auto skip works when playing the recording off the USB drive.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service