Timer necrophilia

Started by vader1111, April 12, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

I have identified a problem with the IceTV system...

I have "The Night Manager" (SBS HD) set to record as part of a series recording.  However, due to conflicts with other recordings ("Madam Secretary" (WinHD) and "Blindspot" (Prime7)), I chose to cancel the recording of tonight's episode.  I did this via the IceTV website, clicking on the "Remove episode from Beyonwiz T2" link.

IceTV have just updated the TV Guide, changing the start time of tonight's episode from 9:25pm to 9:30pm.

Changing the start time results in the cancelled recording being resurrected and sent as a new timer.  Unsurprisingly, this resulted in a Timer Conflict - which is why I cancelled it in the first place.

This is not the first time I have observed this behaviour.  IceTV consistently re-schedules cancelled timers if the start (or presumably finish) times are changed.

I know it's nearly Easter, a time when Christians celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus.  I'm not sure that resurrecting dead timers is worth celebrating.

prl

As MrQuade said on the Beyonwiz forum, I think you mean "necromancy" ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on April 12, 2017, 03:45:40 PM
As MrQuade said on the Beyonwiz forum, I think you mean "necromancy" ;)
LOL
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: vader1111 on April 12, 2017, 02:34:27 PM
I have identified a problem with the IceTV system...
Hi vader1111

I believe Dan can see what caused this and will look into preventing it from happening.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

vader1111

IanL-S

I am seeing similar thing on my Toppys. Deleted recordings on the Toppy, but IceTV send updated timer and it reappears. I have only noticed this in the last few days.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help