Three times the mystery?

Started by prl, April 07, 2017, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

My series recording for The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre/The Verdict has mysteriously decided to record it on three channels, Nine, 9Gem and Nine HD. The 9HD is particularly odd, because it's set for "prefer standard def."

I had a similar problem with Destination Flavour - Singapore.

This problem seems to have the same issue with differences in the duration: the Edgar Wallace on Nine and 9HD are 70 min, while the one on 9Gem is 80 min. However, that doesn't explain why it's recording on both Nine and 9 HD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

The timers went unchanged, and the one on 9Gem recorded The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre. The two on Nine and Nine HD recorded some kid's programs, starting with PAW Patrol.

The mystery deepens...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave

I'm showing the same thing with my scheduled recording for Doctor Who this coming Sunday on the ABC.
Same thing, it's being scheduled for ABC, ABC HD and ABC ME.  Again interesting because it's also marked as a series recording for Prefer Standard Def.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

grampus

Quote from: Dave on April 18, 2017, 08:52:46 AM
I'm showing the same thing with my scheduled recording for Doctor Who this coming Sunday on the ABC.
Same thing, it's being scheduled for ABC, ABC HD and ABC ME.  Again interesting because it's also marked as a series recording for Prefer Standard Def.
Dave.
+1
BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

"Prefer standard def." will record on a HD channel if the same show is not simulcast on an SD channel at the same time (same episode, same start time and same duration).

If you want a series to only record on an SD channel you should use the "Only standard def." setting. Just be aware that if for some reason the show only airs on a HD channel it won't record (where "Prefer standard def." would have).

Sunday's Doctor Who on ABC and ABC HD is listed as 50 minutes duration, but on ABC ME it is listed as 45 minutes duration. So they are seen as 2 different airings of that episode... but both "new" episodes because neither will be finished before the other one starts.

In cases like this I would set the series to "Only high def." so it won't ever record on ABC ME or ABC.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave

Thanks Dave.
That explains why I get the recording on ABC ME, but why do I get the duplicate recording on ABC HD?
The times are the same and the episode names are the same.
The Prefer Standard Def should just record on ABC.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Dave at IceTV

Hi Dave, Without knowing your IceTV Member ID I cannot look at your account to see what might have happened.

Can you PM me on this forum, or send an email to support with "Three times the mystery" as the subject.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave on April 18, 2017, 12:23:32 PM
That explains why I get the recording on ABC ME, but why do I get the duplicate recording on ABC HD?
The times are the same and the episode names are the same.
The Prefer Standard Def should just record on ABC.
It seems to be a known bug. See Daniel's reply to me in Triple recordings of Destination Flavour - Singapore
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on April 18, 2017, 03:33:16 PM
It seems to be a known bug. See Daniel's reply to me in Triple recordings of Destination Flavour - Singapore
Ah yes, I remember that one. If it is causing a problem (like stopping other shows from recording) then it seems the only way to prevent it is to set the affected series to only record "1 per day".
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave

Surely Dave there's something you can do to fix the issue.
Nothing needs to be done immediately, as I can just remove the extra recordings, but it would be much better to resolve the underlying issue.
Thanks.
Dave.