Incorrect EPG data doesn't go away with new download

Started by dale_mac, February 06, 2007, 07:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale_mac

Hi all,
I have a problem with the EPG within Media Portal.
If had a situation today where channel Seven Brisbane showed a "To be advised" listing at 10:30pm.
All the TV guides showed that there was an encore presentation of Heroes episode one (I missed the end last time because channel 7 ran overtime again!).
I have IceTV webget run nightly, but the incorrect data remained in my Media Portal EPG, so I had to delete the tvguide.xml file and rerun webget.
Is this a problem only with Media Portal, or does webget only download new data and tack it on at the end of what is already downloaded?
Shouldn't it overwrite the file with any new or changed listings?
Windows 7 Media Centre
Kodi

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

Sorry to hear it didn't update the guide correctly.  To answer your question, webget definitely overwrites the existing file, it doesn't append to it.

I'm not exactly sure why it didn't get updated when you ran webget, but if it happens again, one thing you might do is to login to the web PIMP pages here on our site and check the guide there, to see if our guide is updated correctly in the database.  If the guide looks ok there, and it still isn't loading correctly in Media Portal, you can email us the xml file and we'll have a look and see if we can spot what's going wrong.

Sorry I don't have a better answer at the moment,

Russell

dale_mac

Thanks for the reply.
I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.
Windows 7 Media Centre
Kodi