The Chase Australia

Started by pearly, March 07, 2017, 10:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearly

Hi,

I have The Chase Australia set to record First Runs Only, however it seems to record every single episode regardless. I am guessing the repeat flag is not being set for episodes of this show. Any chance that could be remedied?

(I'm using a Topfield 2400 in Melbourne)

Thanks!

Dave at IceTV

Hi pearly,

Are you sure The Chase Australia episodes at 5pm on 7 are repeats? The freeview guide and yahoo7 have them listed as new episodes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

vader1111

The Monday to Thursday episodes are definitely new episodes. 

Last year 7 were showing repeats on Fridays, I don't know whether or not this continues to be the case.  I stopped recording them, because they were repeats, so I have no idea whether or not they have changed this practice.

Last year they coded all episodes as new, even when they were repeats.  They're probably still doing the same thing.  If so, then IceTV has no way of knowing which episodes will be repeated and which are new.

pearly

Sorry, I'm not actually sure whether the episodes being played this week are new or not.

All I know is that I've been recording the series since it began, and I continue to hit the same episodes numerous times.

They are definitely putting the show on repeat (at its usual time slot), but I have no idea what their schedule is. Their website is no help either.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: vader1111 on March 07, 2017, 02:12:32 PM
The Monday to Thursday episodes are definitely new episodes. 

Last year 7 were showing repeats on Fridays, I don't know whether or not this continues to be the case.  I stopped recording them, because they were repeats, so I have no idea whether or not they have changed this practice.

Last year they coded all episodes as new, even when they were repeats.  They're probably still doing the same thing.  If so, then IceTV has no way of knowing which episodes will be repeated and which are new.

Interesting.

Apparently seven is showing season 5 of The Chase Australia from Monday to Thursday. Tonight's episode is season 5 episode 14. I'm not sure but it looks like they are new episodes.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

vader1111

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 07, 2017, 05:44:27 PMInteresting.

Apparently seven is showing season 5 of The Chase Australia from Monday to Thursday. Tonight's episode is season 5 episode 14. I'm not sure but it looks like they are new episodes.
That's consistent with Monday-Thursday being new episodes, with repeats shown on Fridays.  3x weeks at 4 episodes per week, plus Mon & Tues this week, equals 14 episodes.

Logically, Thursday's episode should be Season 5 episode 16.  I would be interested to know Friday's episode number.

pearly

I've just confirmed that Friday of this week (March 10th) IS a new episode, per this page:
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/shows/the-chase-australia/a/34371551/win-over-50-000-up-for-grabs/

I will respond to this thread again if I come across a repeat in future.

Thanks!

Tiphanee

Thanks Pearly,

You're correct in the fact that at the moment, it looks like The Chase is running as premieres Mon-Fri.

If you do come across a repeat, let us know.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

vader1111

I'm fairly sure that tonight's episode was a repeat.

Looks like they're returning to their usual pattern - new episodes on Mon-Thurs, repeats on Fri - now that the MKR specials are finished.

pearly

Agreed. Fri 17 March was a repeat - https://au.tv.yahoo.com/shows/the-chase-australia/ shows that it was season 3, episode 2.

However it recorded for me, even though I have the show set to record First Runs Only.

Tiphanee

Hi there,

Many thanks for your note regarding The Chase Australia. 

I have checked the program and you're right it was a repeat yesterday.  However, looking ahead it appears to be a premiere on Friday 24th so I have kept the repeat flag off.  I will check it closer to the day to see if it changes to a repeat episode.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

vader1111

Another Friday night repeat.  Last night (Thursday) was Season 5 Episode 24, tonight's was Season 3 Episode 14.

Looks like Friday night repeats are back in the schedule on a regular basis.