Main Menu

EPG Glitch

Started by Tezza007, March 04, 2017, 10:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezza007

Online TV Guide, Perth, tonight, 12.25am to 12.35am is partly missing. 5 lines are affected. Closing and opening or refreshing the window has no effect.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Tezza,

When you wrote "5 lines" did you mean 5 channels were affected? If so, do you know which channels? Are 7 and 7HD two of them?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Tezza007

G'day Dave,

No, 5 lines of the online vertical epg. The info is still there, just not visible. I can still open them, and do the usual. First line, all I can see is 12.25am where the channel should be. When I click on the line it's ABC Open along with all the program info and options. I just discovered it will also act as usual when I hover on the item.

Next is Flip or Flop. All that is visible is 12.30am and it is even further to the right, past where there is normally any info

Next is Conflict Zone ABCNews24. That line is totally blank

Next line only has the very top of the text. The beginning of the line brings up Conflict Zone, the end of the line is 48 Hours

5th line shows the top 3/4 of the text for 48 Hours

MD

Hi Tezza, which browser are you using?  MY Safari did the oddest things today yet we haven't touched the browsers fro months, pretty much since their updates.  I cleared the cache, quit the browser, restarted my MacBookPro and it came good.  All latest software.

Tezza007

Good morning. I'm on Waterfox 51.0.1 64bit

Tezza007

I finally got a screen grab

MD

What's it like with Firefox and Chrome?

Tezza007

I don't have those, but I checked with Edge and it's fine

MD

Hmmm, seems like a quirk on a browser we wouldn't have tested. I'll see what Dan can do tomorrow.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It looks like you are on 133% zoom, try at 100% and see if it still happens.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Tezza007

Yep, that was it. It's OK at 120%. It's never happened before though

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It would be how long the show title and episode title are, we do some truncating on the server side for display but there are some wacky edge cases if the zoom is set too high that can cause the text to be wrapped to the next line but as the lines are fixed height it then doesn't display.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

MD

Thx Dan. The best 'Guru'  :)

Tezza007