Padding not being added

Started by Greg_w_h, January 21, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg_w_h

I have been thinking my Humax hdr3000t had a problem. No matter what I did, I couldnt get padding added to start or end of recordings. So, today, I did a complete reset and reformat in case that might help but no it didnt. After working out that padding just wasnt working any longer, I looked on internet to find that in 2012, this was a reported problem between Humax and IceTV, that padding wasnt being added and they were looking into it.

When will this be fixed? Basically, for the moment it is useless using my recorder as anything other than a reminder to watch shows on catch up. So why buy a recorder at ALL when you can have catch up. If no recorder, why buy Ice TV TV guide when you can have them free anyway?

I doubt it will be fixed because it is still here 3 years later. If it isnt fixed Ice TV and Humax are looking like items not needed any longer. Not good for business.

So Ice TV, any idea if you will fix this at all?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Greg,

Are you sure that you have a HDR-3000T and not one of the older HDR-7500T or HDR-7510T models?

In 2012 the first HD Humax PVR sold in Australia, the HDR-7500T, had a bug in its original software that could cause the padding to not be applied. The next software update that Humax released (a few months later) fixed that bug and it has never been since. i.e. It was fixed in 2012.

• The HDR-7500T had a padding bug for 3 or 4 months in 2012 until the next software update was released.
  • The HDR-7510T which came out a year later (and was Harvey Norman's version of the HDR-7500T) also started life with the padding bug until the next software update was released.
  • The much later HMS-1000T 4tune never had the padding bug.
  • The latest Humax PVR, the HDR-3000T 2tune has never had the padding bug.
Whichever model you have make sure it has the latest software installed.

There are situations where the older models cannot include the padding.

• The HDR-7500T, HDR-7510T and HMS-1000T 4tune will drop the padding if there are 2 back to back recordings on the same channel as the padding would conflict with both recordings.
  • The HDR-7500T, HDR-7510T and HMS-1000T 4tune will drop the padding on 1 or 2 recordings if both tuners will be in use and the padding would overlap another recording.

The newer HDR-3000T 2tune is a lot more flexible (can record 2 shows per tuner from the same TV network) and missing padding is a lot less likely, compared to the older models.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flubster

I'm having the same issue with the HDR-3000T that I only received last week.  None of my recordings are going for any longer than 60 mins.  I have it set for 5 mins pre padding and have pushed the post out to 60 mins with no luck. It's very frustrating.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Flubster,

The Humax HDR-3000T handles padding differently to the older Humax PVRs. If you change the padding settings on a HDR-3000T those new padding amounts are only added to new schedules set after you changed the padding. So if the PVR has 5 days of schedules already set when padding was off your changes to the padding won't affect them. It will only affect new schedules as they get set.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flubster

Thanks for the information Dave.  Would resending the recordings reset the schedule?

MD

Dave's probably well asleep at this time but I'm checking things out!! My advice would be that there is nothing to be risked by doing it and i suspect it may.  If not nothing lost and deletion and (tediously) re-scheduling would probably work.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flubster on February 09, 2017, 10:54:34 PM
Thanks for the information Dave.  Would resending the recordings reset the schedule?

I am not certain if resending all recordings will update the schedules and their padding or not. As MD suggested it wouldn't hurt to try it, though you would need to wait for one of those schedules to record to see if it worked.

Cancelling this weeks series then rescheduling those series would definitely do it. Just make sure you cancel the series from the IceTV website or phone app, then wait until the schedules have vanished off the Humax before recreating the series.

You would only need to "cancel the series, wait for PVR to update, then recreate the series" for shows that are already scheduled on the Humax for this week.

In the meantime I'm going to run some tests to document this PVRs exact behaviour to various interactions.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Greg_w_h

Anyone with a HDR3000T and PADDING problems or cannot view episodes in the correct order, please see my other post here. The answers are there for you. It is now up to ICE TV to fix this problem. It is NOT a Humax problem.

Greg.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Greg_w_h on March 14, 2017, 11:57:59 AM
Anyone with a HDR3000T and PADDING problems or cannot view episodes in the correct order, please see my other post here. The answers are there for you. It is now up to ICE TV to fix this problem. It is NOT a Humax problem.

Greg.

IceTV sets the schedules for the start times and end times listed in the guide. The PVR then adds the padding. IceTV does not control the padding.

If the guide lists the show as starting at 10pm and ending at 11pm and the PVR later records that show from 10pm to 11pm without any padding then the PVR didn't add the padding. This could be because there were too many other recordings scheduled and the PVR needed to stop recording A on time (without padding) to start recording C or D.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

MrVal

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 10, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
In the meantime I'm going to run some tests to document this PVRs exact behaviour to various interactions.
So Dave what were your findings?

I have the same padding issue, and I'd rather not have to re-do all my scheduling if that can be avoided, thanks,
Val

MD

Hi Mr Val,

Dave is on holiday until next week.  I use a 2tune and have never encountered a problem.  As Dave said, IceTV sets the start and stop times and the PVR adds whatever default padding has been set by the user to every recording.  I have mine at 30 minutes.  Have you set yours via http://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115003069428-How-do-I-access-the-Settings-menu-on-the-Humax-2tune - Go to PVR settings and set it to a minimum of 20 minutes to capture the commercial networks shenanigans.