ICETV epg update EYETV (server returned error)

Started by shane1982, January 31, 2007, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane1982

Hi,

I'm running EyeTV 2.3.3 (2467). TwinhanDTV Alpha Mac. OSX Tiger 10.4.8. I have an icetv subscription that is valid until 10/10/2007. I have setup my icetv account information in the eyetv preferences. it identifys the account as it gives me the "this account is active until 10/10/07" information. But this is where the problem starts...

in the same preference window for the program guide.. it says update failed (server returned error) ?!?!?

The account information is obviously correct.. im running the latest version of eyetv as far as i know. Any ideas will be appreciated, as i have attempted to contact icetv themselves (both through phone leaving a message for call back, and email) with no success or response from them.

If you require anymore information let me know..  btw.. the icetv widget does work but is not useful for recording shows etc..

Marc

Sounds like a problem on our side. Can you please click "update now" again?

I think the issue that may have caused this could be fixed now.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This sounds like you may not have a device setup under the PIMP section of the IceTV website.

More information on this can be found in our FAQ section, a direct link to the relevant one is http://www.icetv.com.au/support.php?faq_id=48.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

shane1982

Thankyou!. I added the device to PIMP as per your instructions. (i thought i had done this as it was already there.. ) didnt realize you had to actually click add then it would make a ID:0 thing.

thanks alot for your help.

satch

I am also getting this problem also it just started happenning 2 days ago

zootman

Hate to say "me too" - but me too ! All was working well, and I noticed the program guide wasnt updating itself. Tried it manually (via preferences) and I get the (server returned error) message. :-( Are there any suggestions I can try - I've tried to use a new account, reboot system etc - no go.

Cheers

Update - just tried manually again just then  - and it worked ! Fast work guys............ :-)

zootman

Hello,

I have just re-installed my mac (mac mini ppc 1.4 Ghz , 1GB ram) to take it back to 10.4.8 as I was getting a lot of hangs when it was on 10.4.9. I have done a complete clean re-install of 10.4 and taken it to 10.4.8 via combo update.

Re-installed eyetv to 2.33 and went to update the program guide - and I get the error that is the subject of this thread. It would be nice to know what the error is as well !

What could be causing this ? This is a freshh install so I am a little puzzled. Will try a manual update later to see if this clears, but if I cant update the program guide then my icetv subscription is not very useful !

Cheers

damspudmurf

I'm having this issue too having just renewed my expired account. Guide updates fail as do the Remote Schedule checks despite the account being correct and a message displayed "This IceTV account is active until 7/7/07".

I've emailed support - but something is definitely awry here.

zootman

Hi - I fixed my problem by going into the PIMP options on the Icetv website, deleteing my device an re-adding it. Then the EPG guide updated just fine !

Cheers.

damspudmurf

zootman: that fixed the loading of the guide, but when I click on "Check Now" under Remote Scheduling, I get the "Your IceTV Account Information is invalid" message - the account is fine at the top of the preference pane, and displays "This IceTV account is active until...".

I'm still actually waiting for a response from support on the issue...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have made some more changes on the server to stop this from happening, all should be good from now on.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

rtraill

This is just to document that I too am having problems with EyeTV 2.4.  Daniel needed to reset the EyeTV to device 0 to get the guide to work but I am still getting the message "The IceTV account information is invalid" when I try and check for remote scheduling.

Daniel is at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is and I think it would help if those who are using remote scheduling (PIMP) report as to whether or not it is still working for them and what version of EyeTV they are using.  My issues seemed to start about the time up updated to 2.4 although I am not absolutely sure.  2.4 is otherwise much more stable than 2.3.3

rtraill

Problem solved with help from Danient (ICETV) and Elgato
Install EyeTV 2.33 (just open the DMG and drag the app to the applications folder), open up preferences, select your account, update TVguide, click check now in remote scheduling.  It should then work.
Reinstall 2.41 in the same way as 2.33 and everything should now work.

From the Elgato email:

This sounds similar to an issue we saw in the states where there

> were some rare TitanTV EPG account problems in EyeTV 2.4.x. Do you

> see the same issue if you revert to EyeTV 2.3.3?

> http://downloads.elgato.com/downloads/eyetv233update.dmg

> For the TitanTV EPG error, there was a pref not being set in 2.4.1,

> and the workaround was to use the EPG account once in 2.3.3, then

> revert back to 2.4.1

pointybeard

I am having the same problem, and a downgrade to 2.3.3 didn't help. It was working fine until about 2 days ago, so im not sure its specifically to do with 2.4. My subscription is valid until 1st Dec this year. Little frustrating.  :'(