Triple recordings of Destination Flavour - SIngapore

Started by prl, January 10, 2017, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I set up a series recording of Destination Flavour - Singapore from the Android App Recommendations, and I've been rewarded three times over for my efforts.

I now have series recordings (and corresponding timers on the Beyonwiz T4) for DF - S at the same times on Food Network, SBS and SBS HD, the latter despite the recording being set as "Prefer standard def."

I have the Frequency setting as the default Record all and Network as the default Any network.

Is this what it's supposed to do? Especially the HD recording when there are SD recordings set, and it's supposed to be "Prefer standard def."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Peter,

I can see what went wrong and why it scheduled all three (its a combination of factors actually) and will add it into the queue for a fix, unfortunately no time frame as yet though.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Thanks Daniel. I'll leave the DF - Singapore recording up in IceTV in case you need to get back to it for testing.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

It's improved a bit. It no longer records DF - Singapore on SBS HD, but it is recording it on both SBS (SD) and Food Network.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

The problem with 'Destination Flavour - Singapore' is that it is on SBS One at 8:10pm for 30 minutes, and on The Food Network at 8:05pm for 25 minutes. So because of the different start times and different durations they are seen as 2 different showings.

As Dan said there were a combination of factors why your series recording was scheduling all 3 episodes I assume he spotted that as well and has a plan on how to prevent it happening.

In the meantime you could set the series to only record 1 showing per day (which would record the 25 minute duration showing on The Food Network at 8:05pm).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on January 17, 2017, 07:58:09 PM
The problem with 'Destination Flavour - Singapore' is that it is on SBS One at 8:10pm for 30 minutes, and on The Food Network at 8:05pm for 25 minutes. So because of the different start times and different durations they are seen as 2 different showings. ...
Yes, that would explain it. I hadn't noticed the difference in the times.

I'll change it to "one recording a day".

Thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use