T2 - failed HDD?

Started by BruceJG, December 27, 2016, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceJG

Seasons Greetings to all.

I suspect my T2 has a failed HDD.

When turned on, it will display the Beyonwiz blue icon, and the display parts of the icon in a series of horizontal-ish coloured bands. The device makes an occasional tapping noise, which my son in law (an IT network professional) tells me is a failed HDD.

The T2 is almost 12 months old, and was bought through direct through IceTV late December 2015 when on special.

Any thoughts please on the problem and warranty claim through IceTV or Beyonwiz.

Thanks

Bruceg

Dave at IceTV

Hi Bruce,

A clicking noise is usually a sign of a failing hard drive, but it can also be due to the hard drive not getting enough power. The coloured bands across the boot screen seem to point to a faulty power supply or main board.

Beyonwiz (the distributor, Digital Trading Co.) are the people to contact for warranty repairs. Their turn around time is very quick.
https://dtcsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb

If you need a copy of your invoice, send me a personal message with your IceTV invoice number or IceTV username or the email address that is in your IceTV account.

Dave
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

PS I believe I have found your account and I've sent you a copy of your invoice.

Seasons Greetings to you as well.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

BruceJG

Dave

Thanks for your input - I will contact Beyonwiz.

Didn't receive the invoice from you, but I have my origial. Thanks.

Bruce

prl

I agree with Dave's diagnosis. If it's stuck showing the blue Beyonwiz "Button" logo, it's in the boot loader, and not getting to the state where it can enter the OS.  On a T2, it's not possible to get a closer diagnosis of the state it's in without looking at the output on the serial port, but whatever that state is, it needs to go back to Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BruceJG

Thanks for you analysis, Peter.

I have messaged Beyonwiz at the address provided by Dave, but don't expect to hear back until early January. I have quoted my invoice number .

Bruce