ABC switching to HD transmission

Started by Andrew Smith, December 05, 2016, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Smith

The ABC HD channel shows up on my Beyonwiz T4, but any programming record selections for it on IceTV have the 'yellow alert triangle of doom' beside it and do not record.

Andrew

Andrew Smith

Update: ABC HD is taking recording requests on Tuesday 13th December.  Just can't get the darned things to populate on IceTV in the meantime.

Andrew

prl

Quote from: christas on December 07, 2016, 06:47:36 PM
... However channels 2 and 21 are deleted but re-appear. I have 'disabled' ABC on the Ice-tv website and have LCN's of 20 22 23 24 selected for the various channels. Any idea of how to get rid of LCN 2 and 21?
Use Favourites.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Quote from: Andrew Smith on December 07, 2016, 09:15:22 PM
The ABC HD channel shows up on my Beyonwiz T4, but any programming record selections for it on IceTV have the 'yellow alert triangle of doom' beside it and do not record.

Andrew

I am seeing the same issue with both my T2 and a SKIPPA on the same account. The TRF-5300 on the same account is showing a large number of queued timers, all from today. I have NOT received any error emails about those timers. This suggests it may be an account related issue.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on December 08, 2016, 07:56:32 AM

Andrew

I am seeing the same issue with both my T2 and a SKIPPA on the same account. The TRF-5300 on the same account is showing a large number of queued timers, all from today. I have NOT received any error emails about those timers. This suggests it may be an account related issue.

Ian
Or perhaps a regional issue. I have no problems setting and removing recordings on my test T4 (beta firmware 2016-12-07, Canberra IceTV region).

If you use the IceTV Web page to reschedule one of the recordings showing the error triangle, and then do a MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG... on the Beyonwiz, what do you see in its IceTV log for the fetch?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

This change has prompted me to hide some channels I don't use. I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2 and have deleted various channels from the guide by going to 'list' and deleting them. However channels 2 and 21 are deleted but re-appear. I have 'disabled' ABC on the Ice-tv website and have LCN's of 20 22 23 24 selected for the various channels. Any idea of how to get rid of LCN 2 and 21?

It sounds like you may have 'Dynamic Channel Management' enabled.

Go to 'Setup > Misc. > PVR', scroll down to the 2nd menu page (below the Soft padding Priority setting) and disable 'Dynamic Channel Management'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on December 08, 2016, 07:56:32 AM

Andrew

Ian

You need to get the affected PVRs to update their channel list from IceTV.

For a Skippa see the steps under the heading "Now clear the EPG so the SKIPPA can download a fresh copy" here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/227081987

For a T series Beyonwiz see sections 2 and 3 here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/227081607

Though I have better luck running through the IceTV plugin's setup wizard again as an existing user. You only need to re-enter your IceTV password then just save or confirm everything else with the green button.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Thanks Dave

I found the cause of my problem - for some reason the location was set to Sydney rather than Melbourne in the Account settings. Once I corrected this all was well. Not sure how it was chnaged in the first place.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

christas

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 08, 2016, 01:02:25 PM
This change has prompted me to hide some channels I don't use. I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2 and have deleted various channels from the guide by going to 'list' and deleting them. However channels 2 and 21 are deleted but re-appear. I have 'disabled' ABC on the Ice-tv website and have LCN's of 20 22 23 24 selected for the various channels. Any idea of how to get rid of LCN 2 and 21?

It sounds like you may have 'Dynamic Channel Management' enabled.

Go to 'Setup > Misc. > PVR', scroll down to the 2nd menu page (below the Soft padding Priority setting) and disable 'Dynamic Channel Management'.
That worked Dave Thankyou