Deeply confused?

Started by prl, September 19, 2016, 04:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The new(?) ABC3 series The Deep, today Mon 19 Sep, 11:35 seems to have been confused with the older "The Deep" (2010).

The new "The Deep" is a kid's program, the 2010 one was: "Far below the Arctic ice, in the deepest, darkest place on Earth, seven men and women are trying to find the solution to the world's escalating energy crisis. But what if someone, or something, finds them first? Welcome to the new cold war. ..."

The new "The Deep" also appears to have inherited the older program's cast, but the series synopsis for the the original The Deep seems to have had the "Children" classification applied to it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

To clarify:

The older live action drama "The Deep" that the IceTV series synopsis for "The Deep" refers to is this one in IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525182/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8

The animated kid's show "The Deep" that's currently running on ABC ME is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4991910/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

It's the first one that has James Nesbitt and Minnie Driver in it. The second one, other voices.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Looks good now. Almost :)

The rating for The Deep (2010) (the one about oil prospecting in the Arctic) still has a "C" rating in IceTV. It's definitely not a show "made specifically for children", as ACMA puts it. According to IMDb, it is classified "M" in Australia, which seems about right, though hat's not authoritative.

The currently showing The Deep (the animation) as a "C" rating in IceTV and that's probably right. The other details look correct in its series synopsis, too.

Thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The classification entry for The Deep (2010) is now looking good :)

Thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The Canberra IceGuide is once more confused about The Deep. The ABC ME kids animated show The Deep "Here Be Dragons" at 18:00 tonight Fri 9 Dec is using the cast, tag information and parental ratings for the M-rated live action drama miniseries of the same name starring James Nesbitt & Minnie Driver.

It's also apparently using the series id of the live action drama, because it's scheduled a recording of the animated series episode for me, when I only have a series recording set for the live action series.

There also seems to be confusion about either the program synopsis, cats tags and parental rating for the episodes of animated The Deep, 'Dark Orca' and 'A.I.M.Y.' at 17:55 on Sat 10 Dec and Sun 11 Dec.

The episodes of The Deep animated series in this week's Canberra IceGuide, 18:00 Fri 9 Dec, and 17:55 on Sat 10 Dec, Sun 11 Dec, Mon 12 Dec and Tue 13 Dec all appear to have the series id of the live action miniseries.

The live action miniseries had 5 episodes:
To the Furthest Place
Into the Belly of the Beast
Ghosts of the Deep
Everything Put Together Falls Apart
The Last Breath
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

Many thanks for your note.  This has now been corrected.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanee. It all looks good now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use