BW T2 - lost all 'reference' to IceTV.

Started by BruceJG, December 04, 2016, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceJG

Hello

My BW T2 has lost all 'reference' to IceTV.

In the BW 'main menu' (via MENU button on my BW T2), I no longer have IceTV showing. When I use the PLUGIN button on the R/C, all that displays on the TV is:

Auto Timer / Gmail reader / open webif / opera web browser / picture player / software management / youtube TV settings.

There are no IveTV icons/wording on the BW EPG screen. (I think it shows TERRESTIAL.)

Ive tried reboot, factory reset, and anything else that I thought might work.

I even created a new DEVICE PROFILE in my IceTV account, and did a 'Resend all recordings for this device.'

Any suggestions please. The WAF is lower than Trump's ratings!

Thanks

Bruce

prl

Is this since doing a firmware upgrade from USB?

If so, you ned to reinstall the IceTV plugin.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BruceJG

PRL

No, I did a USB upgrade a few weeks ago. (Successfully)

How do I re-install the IceTV Plugin please?

BruceJG

Yip-bloody-yee.

PRL and others.

All working fine now. Thank heavens for  this Forum, its members and IceTV Customer 'how to' support documents.

When I read the document, it all came flooding back. ;)

Again, thanks.

Bruce

PS:Any reason/s suggestion/s why the plugin had fallen off?

B

prl

Quote from: BruceJ... PS:Any reason/s suggestion/s why the plugin had fallen off?/quote]

At the time that the previous company behind the IceTV brand went into administration, the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin was removed from the pre-installed plugins list in the Beyonwiz firmware builder. It hasn't been restored to the pre-installed plugins list.

I don't know what's behind the decisions.

The consequence is that on new Beyonwizes, and after any firmware installation from USB, the IceTV plugin needs to be re-installed in PLUGINS>Download plugins. If you save settings before the install from USB and restore them afterwards, your IceTV settings and all timers should be saved and restored.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BruceJG