Most listing are missing in the Wiz

Started by csutak40, November 13, 2016, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Not sure if this will adjust itself by tomorrow, but most things are blank for the entire coming week, except for a few random shows here and  there.  Should i wait and see if it adjust itself?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

P.S. I have now discovered that it has already been happening, as two shows that recorded today were also blank
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

PPS
Further investigation...  Seems there is an error in the Log.  Not sure how to fix it
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on November 13, 2016, 11:29:59 PM
PPS
Further investigation...  Seems there is an error in the Log.  Not sure how to fix it
If the timer was in fact deleted, you don't need to do anything but ignore the "Can not delete timer" error message. This is a minor bug that's fixed in the current alpha firmware, and will be fixed for less adventurous users when that alpha makes its way to be official firmware.

This is the bug entry in the issue tracker: #515: IceTV-managed timers deleted twice
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on November 14, 2016, 01:57:45 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on November 13, 2016, 11:29:59 PM
PPS
If the timer was in fact deleted, you don't need to do anything but ignore the "Can not delete timer" error message. This is a minor bug that's fixed in the current alpha firmware, and will be fixed for less adventurous users when that alpha makes its way to be official firmware.

This is the bug entry in the issue tracker: #515: IceTV-managed timers deleted twice
No timers was deleted AFAIK (unless I forgot)
The only reason I looked in the log to see if there is anything there to explain the blank timers, which is still happening.  Weirdly, it is not for all of them, but most of them.  Any idea what could be causing it? 
Should I report it to IceTV?
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I just scrolled down the rest of the week.  It gets better, but there are still some blank ones.  This is the last one (after this one, no more blank ones for the rest of the week)
Cheers,
Judy

kheaver

I'm having the same problem for a couple of days,  it seems to be the same issue from months ago, about 5 programs have been recorded without names and ended up at the start of the media list.
I've tried restarting and disabling/re-enabling icetv, the timer list shows 3 blanks for today and 8 for tomorrow.

Kim

juergen

I'm getting the same problem, so seeing it isn't just me is kind of reassuring  :-\

csutak40

Quote from: juergen on November 14, 2016, 09:56:37 PM
I'm getting the same problem, so seeing it isn't just me is kind of reassuring  :-\

For me as well :-)
Cheers,
Judy

tb123

I mentioned this in the Beyonwiz forums, but I also have missing program names from Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues but appears to be ok again from Wednesday onwards on my T4.
These are just for reoccuring series timers set by IceTV - MotoGP, F1, Highway Patrol etc.

The EPG appears ok and the program information/ description is there on the right hand side of screen of the media list despite the program name of the recording, and the timer list, being missing.

tb123

Just an fyi, there is a thread a couple down from this one called Naming on T4 which had a suggestion from Dave to long press power button, restart gui, perform an EPG fetch from the Ice plugin, and then restart the GUI again, this actually worked and provided the missing names for waiting timers, obviously anythung already recorded was still incorrect.

csutak40

How embarrassment!  :-[  That was my post, although that was different, the missing names were later in the week, (wonder why the attachments disappeared?) I vaguely remember that the descriptions were missing as well

Anyway, I have forgotten all about it.  I did try to Fetch EPG and update timers from the IceTV plugin, but I didn't do the restart.
Just tried it, it worked!
Cheers,
Judy

tb123

It does seem to work, but I would rather not have to worry about it in the first place. Do we know "why" this is happening (Beyonwiz or Ice problem)?
I don't usually check my waiting timers, so the first I know about it is when there are a number of un-named recordings in there and by then it's too late.

simoncasey

I also had the problem earlier this week. I've not seen it for quite a long time, but I have also seen a few blanks in the epg schedule over the last few weeks. It looks like it is affecting Beyonwiz users in one region (in this case Melbourne). The cause is usually from the icetv end when they add a show but it is before the epg has downloaded. When the epg is subsequently updated, the affected timer will not be updated unless there is a change causing it to be resent.
However, the BW will populate any gaps in the timer as part of a restart. This is fine if you put your BW into deep standby regularly but not if you only go into standby. But that is just a workaround, the fix should be to stop the blank timers being created in the first place.

prl

Quote from: tb123 on November 15, 2016, 08:50:15 AM
... Do we know "why" this is happening (Beyonwiz or Ice problem)? ...
The Beyonwiz IceTV plugin takes the timer name from the name supplied by the timer request from the IceTV server. The server has had some problems in the past week, but I don't know whether they contributed to timers on Beyonwizes having empty names.

Perhaps Dave could help?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing