Android app font is white on white!

Started by Pauloz53, October 27, 2018, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloz53

My font has always been black but suddenly, the font when I want to  record a new show it has become White. I should add, against a white background.

This makes adding or editing extremely difficult.  How do I restore it to black without losing my settings?

prl

I've seen that problem on both recent updates of the app, 1.34 & 1.35. First dot point here. It's bad enough in the white-on-grey in the record screen, but it's white-on-white when you tap on an option to get the drop-down list (Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1, IceTV app 1.35).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Possibly an Android 5.0.1 issue as with 6.0.1 on both my Note 4 phone and Nexus 7 tablet I don't have the blank drop-down issue.

Pauloz53

Email from Colin agrees that an update to support Oreo is the likely culprit.  His CTO will investigate next week.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have just published an update to the app (version 1.36) that fixes the issue with the icons and the white text on a white background on Android 5, it should update on your phones in the next couple of hours.

As for the sync option, well actually entire options menu we will be looking at a way to bring that functionality back, but it would be a bigger structural change so might not make it out until next week sometime.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

The Android  IceTV app v1.36 landed on my phone (Samsung S4 Android 5.0.1) this morning.

The update fixed the oversized icons in the program information screens and the white-on-grey and white-on-white fonts in the recording setup screens.

Thanks, Daniel & the team :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing