Ready for Takeoff/Skies Above Britain

Started by Carljh, October 26, 2016, 10:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljh

Although Ready for Takeoff (9 on Friday night) and Skies Above Britain (SBS on Monday afternoon) are both shown as repeats, I think they may both be new episodes despite Skies Above Britain moving to an earlier time slot.

Carljh

Tonight's Ready for Takeoff was a new episode as I thought yet you still had it listed as a repeat in today's shows.

Carljh

This afternoon's Skies above Britain was also a new episode as I had suggested and not a repeat as shown in the guide.  I fully appreciate the excellent work done by the IceTV team especially with the lack of support from the FTA networks and the number of regional networks but obviously mistakes are going to be made.  I think it is up to users to point out any mistakes to benefit others and in the past when I have found any, have normally had a quick response from IceTV.  I am very surprised that I pointed out these 2 mistakes and had no response to either this time.  I, like many, set most of my recordings for 'first runs only' so if I hadn't noticed would have missed both of these shows.

Tiphanee

Hi Carljh -

My apologies in not getting back to you earlier.  I had tried logging into the forum but kept getting a 'bad gateway issue'.

Thanks for your support of IceTV and I'm sorry that you have missed recordings on both Ready for Takeoff and Skies Above Britain.  As you know the data from SBS comes direct to us from the broadcaster but I will have the guide team member who looks after SBS take a look at it and correct. 

With regards to Ready for Takeoff, I took a look at the Friday night episode and guides were also showing it as a repeat so I apologise that the 'r' flag wasn't taken off when it was indeed a premiere.  I can see on the schedule that it is programmed today on Gem at 2.20pm and tomorrow on 9 at 1pm and it is marked as a repeat as I'm assuming it is a repeat of Friday night's episode.  Unfortunately though it does not give any episode information so I can't clarify.  I'll keep an eye on the program, in case we do get some episodic information.

Kind regards,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Carljh

Thanks for that, Tiphanee.  Luckily I set both of these programs to record so did not miss them.  I got my information from the eBroadcast guide which I generally find pretty reliable in identifying repeats and first runs.  I appreciate your problem with the 'bad gateway' as this issue seems to be getting worse, thought Daniel was looking into it a few weeks ago?

Regards,

Carl

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Carljh on November 01, 2016, 09:55:46 PM
Thanks for that, Tiphanee.  Luckily I set both of these programs to record so did not miss them.  I got my information from the eBroadcast guide which I generally find pretty reliable in identifying repeats and first runs.  I appreciate your problem with the 'bad gateway' as this issue seems to be getting worse, thought Daniel was looking into it a few weeks ago?

Regards,

Carl

Yep, among other things this is still being investigated, its definitely proving to be a doozy.  >:(
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.