Can't log in - can't renew

Started by farbar1, October 28, 2016, 09:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farbar1

I have suddenly been logged out of ICE TV. Noticed my subscription had almost expired but I am sure I was set to auto renew. Tried to pay new subscription but get message "bad gateway". Is anybody else having problems?

farbar1

I am beginning to think that ICE TV may have died completely.

Dave

I had to log in afresh, but the web site looks to be working.
It appears there may be a bit of a refresh to the web interface and page layout, but it doesn't look that complete.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

MD

Hi everyone,

We did a complete website update late last night and worked until the small hours.  There are obviously a few remaining bugs related to many new urls we had to create.  I'd expect them to be cleared up by midday.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

farbar1

I'll try again this afternoon. I just want to renew my subscription and keep using the product.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi farbar1,

Any issues renewing either manually or automatically have been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

farbar1

I managed to get in and update my credit card expiry date (I think). I assume the subscription will now auto renew. Tried to get to the TV Guide and it was terribly slow. When it finally did come up, the layout seems unusable. What has happened?

csutak40

Quote from: MD on October 28, 2016, 09:23:07 AM
Hi everyone,

We did a complete website update late last night and worked until the small hours.  There are obviously a few remaining bugs related to many new urls we had to create.  I'd expect them to be cleared up by midday.  Apologies for the inconvenience.
I a now trying from a different computer.  Possibly, I need to clear the cache on my laptop.  However, most of the time I get 502 Bad Getaway either as soon as I open the page, or sometimes when I attempt to read a post, and other times (hopefully this is not one of those times) when I attempt to send a post.
I also can't log into my account, keep getting "Unable to login. Please enter a valid Member ID and Password." yet I KNOW that I have the correct password.  Someone here said that it took them lots of tries, so I tried at least a dozen, still no go.  Also tried from this computer (only once, so far) same result
So, here is hoping that I will be able to actually post this
P.S. I did manage to open the app on my phone
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

farbar1

I get "bad gateway" errors consistently. This site and the page layout on the site have some problems that need to be addressed quickly. Does not seem to be usable at the moment.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: farbar1 on October 28, 2016, 01:28:18 PM
I get "bad gateway" errors consistently. This site and the page layout on the site have some problems that need to be addressed quickly. Does not seem to be usable at the moment.

Are the bad gateway errors only showing up on the forum?

I know there seems to be a weird animation fadein delay on the tv guide pages, but what other issues are you seeing? Apart from the menu bar at the top the layout of the page has hardly changed on desktops, however it is responsive on tablets and phones now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ChrisW

My experience when they occur on the Forums is I try again 2 or 3 times and it comes good.

It happened to me this morning.

farbar1

I have a PC connected to a TV which is the one I use mostly. Because I am sitting back a bit, I have the display set at 150% so I can see it easily. This worked fine previously.

With the new screens, this seems to cause problems. I have dropped the display back to 125% and it now looks similar (at least) to the old screen.

Not sure why you would stuff around with something that was working well.

Tezza007

I've only had the 502's on the forum, not the guide
Still happening

The guide is incredibly slow now

IanL-S

I can no longer log into my account - after completing account details and pressing the button it goes back to the pre-log in page. Tried several different web browsers, same problem with each. No error message given.

I found that if I closed the browser TAB, opened a new TAB and went to the IceTV www site it had my status and logged in. Not sure if will always work but worth trying if you are having problems.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

We are working on fixing this behaviour.

You are actually still logged in when you access a page under the My Account, Store or TV Guide menus. It is just Home, Download App and Try IceTV that appear as if you are not logged in.

When logged in you will notice that any page under the following menus do show that you are logged in:

- My Account menu pages
- Store menu pages
- TV Guide menu pages

But even when logged in you will notice that any of the following pages will appear as if you are logged out:

- Home (clicking on the IceTV logo)
- Download App
- Try IceTV

Returning to any of the pages in the 1st group will show you are still logged in.
Returning to any of the pages in the 2nd group will appear that you are no longer logged in... but

- Being logged in on the home page is not needed.
- Being logged in when downloading the IceTV phone app is not needed.
- Being logged in when registering for a new trial account is obviously not needed.

Until it is fixed it is not a big problem as you long as you aware that you are actually still logged in when you access a page under My Account, Store or TV Guide.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service