Forum search is broken

Started by prl, October 15, 2016, 01:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

When I try to use the forum (not user) search, when I enter a search string and click on Search, I get taken to "http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/search2/", which like the Bellman's map, is "A perfect and absolute blank!"

QuoteHe had bought a large map representing the sea,
Without the least vestige of land:
And the crew were much pleased when they found it to be
A map they could all understand.

"What's the good of Mercator's North Poles and Equators,
Tropics, Zones, and Meridian Lines?"
So the Bellman would cry: and the crew would reply
"They are merely conventional signs!

"Other maps are such shapes, with their islands and capes!
But we've got our brave Captain to thank:
(So the crew would protest) "that he's bought us the best--
A perfect and absolute blank!"
Lewis Carroll, The Hunting of the Snark.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

TimC

Me Too

The whole website seems a bit flakey. I found I had been logged out and when I tried to log in it kept telling me I had an incorrect Login or Password, until after I used the same details about 10 times, it finally accepted them.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yeah, the forum needs a couple more tweaks to get right, now that the new website has been launched I will check it out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

TimC

Its more than just the forums.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yeah, there was some weirdness tonight as the main website went through a massive update, but this will have settled down already.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Tezza007

I've been getting random bad gateway errors for about a week

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on October 28, 2016, 11:27:21 AM
Same here. Tedious and annoying. This problem has been around for some time now.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

grampus

Quote from: raymondjpg on October 28, 2016, 12:28:14 PM
Quote from: Tezza007 on October 28, 2016, 11:27:21 AM
Same here. Tedious and annoying. This problem has been around for some time now.
+1
Intermiitent.  cleans itself up after a while.
Most recent this morning prior to around 12 PM  have only now been able to get past this.
BeyonWiz, T3

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yeah, I have some coredumps now, just not sure how far I can go seeing as its likely something in SMF. Will have to see what can be done.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 27, 2016, 11:37:46 PM
Yeah, the forum needs a couple more tweaks to get right, now that the new website has been launched I will check it out.
Thanks, Daniel.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Five months on, and forum search still doesn't work.

The ability to preview posts (which also broke some time ago) is still missing from the Post windows.

Any idea when these might be fixed?

Such snarks, I'm told, can be found as follows:
Quote"You may seek it with thimbles—and seek it with care;
   You may hunt it with forks and hope;
You may threaten its life with a railway-share;
   You may charm it with smiles and soap—'"
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on April 01, 2017, 02:02:29 PMFive months on, and forum search still doesn't work.

Something else I was trying to do is automatically hide a hyperlink behind text. I can do it if I insert the hyperlink manually between the hyperlink quotes, then edit the message to add the text behind which I can hide the hyperlink, but I thought that previously it could all be done in one go in the original post.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Text that's a hyperlink is always formatted as [url=http://erewhon.com/utopia.html]nowhere[/url].

I.e. nowhere

There's never been a mechanism to do that all in one hit. I usually do it by selecting the text, pressing the Insert Hyperlink button, and then adding the "=URL" text, usually pasting the URL.

It's pretty much the same as on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on May 03, 2017, 12:15:12 PM
Text that's a hyperlink is always formatted as [url=http://erewhon.com/utopia.html]nowhere[/url].

I.e. nowhere

There's never been a mechanism to do that all in one hit. I usually do it by selecting the text, pressing the Insert Hyperlink button, and then adding the "=URL" text, usually pasting the URL.

It's pretty much the same as on the Beyonwiz forum.

Then I was mistaken as to the ability to do it all in one hit, but what about amending the insert url button to do the url=http bit? Or add another button that does both the url=http and "=URL" bits? At the moment the url button doesn't do anything more to a hyperlink than inserting it in a post without use of the button.

prl

Not up to me.

Maybe it should have its own topic. This topic is about a function that used to work until the last upgrade of the forum software.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use