Smart Recording Apps Tokens (too many?)

Started by BruceJG, October 14, 2016, 01:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceJG

I'm a tad confused.

Under the MY APPS / Smart Recording Apps tokens: I have:

4 X Beyonwiz TX Series 'Application Names', each with a different 'LABEL';
1X IceTV for Remote Android; {My Wife's Samsung phone}
2X IceTV Remote for Windows Phone. {my Nokia phone}.

On my phone, today, when trying to schedule today's  NBN Taree 6 pm news, I got the message
'Recording Not Set/Encountered the following error: 'Recording Data was not valid.'

QUESTIONS:

Do i need the 4 x Application Names/Labels?
Do I need the 2 x Windows Phone Application Names/Labels?

If not, which one/s can I safely DELETE? Will I loose any schedule settings if I remove the wrong Name/Label?

Thanks

Bruce

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: BruceJG on October 14, 2016, 01:49:46 PM
Do i need the 4 x Application Names/Labels?
Do I need the 2 x Windows Phone Application Names/Labels?

If not, which one/s can I safely DELETE? Will I loose any schedule settings if I remove the wrong Name/Label?

Hi Bruce,

You only need each device's latest token... but knowing which is the latest token is impossible for an end user.

Each time you login in on a device that uses tokens it creates a new token (but never cleans out the old tokens). It doesn't hurt to leave them all in your account.

If you delete the wrong token for a certain device you will need to log in again on that device, and you won't lose any schedules or settings. For a phone app this is not big deal, but for something that may not be able to create a new token (like the old desktop widgets) it could mean that that device (widget) is no longer usable.

- For a phone app go ahead and delete all its tokens, and it will ask you to log in again when you next open the app.
- For a PVR I would just leave the tokens as they are.
- For a desktop widget I would not touch its tokens.

That 'Recording Data was not valid.' error when setting a new schedule on the phone would be due to the phone not having the latest data from the server or some other issue - but not related to any tokens.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service