Phantom scheduling of shows

Started by grampus, September 20, 2016, 04:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

I have been seeing a number of shows being scheduled that I haven't done myself.
This appears to have been happening over the last few days.
Currently 
Sat  10:30 AM 9Go. Teen Titans,
Sat 3:00PM One.  Motor Sports.,
Sat 5:30PM 9HD Getaway
Sun 7:30PM ABC Me  Bear Gryllis.
Beyonwiz T3.  No timers or autotimers set directly on the box, all done via Ice
Region is Melbourne Vic.
I have raised a support request with Ice.
But put this out there in case anyone else is seeing this.
BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

Hi grampus,

Thank you for leaving those shows scheduled so I could see what was going on.

You had a multi-word keyword recording, made up of 2 words, that was matching words in the synopsys of those unwanted shows.

Any time you create a keyword recording with multiple words you should:

- Make sure the phrase is enclosed in double quotes like: "Seven News"
- Or better yet add title: before it if it is a show's title like: title:"Seven News"
- Or best of all set a proper series recording for that show instead of a keyword recording.

Keyword recordings should be used for times when the actual show is not in IceTV's database yet. i.e. Where it is impossible to find the show in the TV Guide or Coming Soon or by doing a search and viewing the "not on this week" list of known shows.

Or when a regular series recording won't do. i.e. When you want to record your favourite sport but only when your team is playing, or you want to record all movies with your favourite actor in it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

grampus

Hi Dave,
Thanks for being so quick.
I missed the Multi-word keyword.

I created it when I couldnt find the show as coming.
I'll just have to be a little more careful.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 20, 2016, 07:04:40 PM
Hi grampus,

Thank you for leaving those shows scheduled so I could see what was going on.

You had a multi-word keyword recording, made up of 2 words, that was matching words in the synopsys of those unwanted shows.

Any time you create a keyword recording with multiple words you should:

- Make sure the phrase is enclosed in double quotes like: "Seven News"
- Or better yet add title: before it if it is a show's title like: title:"Seven News"
- Or best of all set a proper series recording for that show instead of a keyword recording.

Keyword recordings should be used for times when the actual show is not in IceTV's database yet. i.e. Where it is impossible to find the show in the TV Guide or Coming Soon or by doing a search and viewing the "not on this week" list of known shows.

Or when a regular series recording won't do. i.e. When you want to record your favourite sport but only when your team is playing, or you want to record all movies with your favourite actor in it.
BeyonWiz, T3