iPad version of the iOS app

Started by furbies, September 20, 2016, 07:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furbies

When are we going to get a version of the IceTV iOS app which is designed for the iPad/iPad mini ?

Using the current release of the IceTV iOS app on an iPad mini is a terrible waste of screen real estate

IanL-S

Yes, that would be great. Auto-rotate support would also be appreciated. My iPad is in a case that presents it in landcape rather than portrait - difficult to physically rotate the case!

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bodogbodog

+1 to that suggestion

Certainly be good to have a dedicated iPad app
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

angyp

+1 to that suggestion

I think it's about time IceTv did a bit more for the money we are paying. To be honest I am still bitter about the skippa dud and the daily frustration of it crashing. >:(

dmart

MD

it very unlikely we'll ever do a dedicated iPad one due to the pressure of ongoing projects and the far smaller market penetration compared to smartphones.  However, we have nearly finished a total rewrite and update of our iPhone app code and it is intended that the app will be able to fill most of the iPad screen real estate so hopefully being an acceptable substitute.

dmart

Nice to know, and that will be better than nothing. I'm assuming many older users, like myself, find the extra realestate offered by the iPads larger screen, much easier to read/navigate.

IanL-S

I am looking forward to this new build. While I can use the iPhone to create/manage timers I do find in much easier when there is more real-estate.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help