Keeps recording repeats even though I've selected 1st run only

Started by omilyn, September 19, 2016, 12:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omilyn

My Humax HDR 7500T keeps recording repeats of programs even though I've selected First Run Only. This then causes programs to clash and I miss out on shows.

It's even recording repeats of The Good Wife which I have completely removed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks  :)

Dave at IceTV

Hi omilyn,

You have 2 Humax devices in your account, which you can see at 'My Account > My recorders' when logged in to the website.
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editSubscription

The 1st device is called "Humax"
The 2nd device is called "Humax HDR 7500T"

You have "The Good Wife" set as a series for both Humax devices, but only one is set to no repeats (First runs only).

The device called "Humax" has "The Good Wife" set to first runs and repeats (All Episodes).
The device called "Humax HDR 7500T" has "The Good Wife" set to no repeats (First Runs Only).

It is hard to tell if you really do have 2 Humax PVRs or if you just replaced the original Humax 9 months ago.

The first device is the only one that has been in use during the last week. The second device was added to your account 9 months ago. Since then you have been setting most of your series recordings for the second device but have been setting some for the first device.

On the website you cannot easily see if a series is set for both devices. If you go to My Shows and have the selected Device to set to "All" you will only see the series set for your 2nd device. If you change the selected Device to "Humax HDR 7500T" then edit its "The Good Wife" series you would have seen it was set to "All Episodes". Note I have now changed it to First Runs Only for you.

Also note that on the Android app you can tap on the show and easily edit each devices settings for that show.

Let me know if you actually only have 1 Humax PVR.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

omilyn

Thanks Dave. I really appreciate your reply.

I have only ever had one Humax - the HDR 7500T, so not sure how 2 devices have ended up on my account.

I've gone through and set everything to the Humax HDR 7500T and as first runs only. When doing this, I did note that Dr Phil was set to "First Runs Only" but has definitely been recording repeats for the last few weeks. Hopefully it will now fix itself up.

Thanks again - I had no idea there were 2 devices on my account.

Dave at IceTV

Hi omilyn,

You still had 2 devices in your account. The shows you have been editing are not the shows being downloaded by your Humax PVR.

I was not going to edit 86 series recordings by hand to move them over to the "Humax" device so I checked that the "Humax HDR 7500T" device had copies of the 11 shows from the "Humax" device and then deleted the "Humax" device.

So you now only have 1 device in your account. This device is called "Humax HDR 7500T".

You will need to set your Humax PVR to use the schedules from the "Humax HDR 7500T" device in your account.

1. Go 'Menu > Settings > Preferences > EPG Type > IceTV > Existing'.
2. Click on 'Confirm' down the bottom.
3. On Device Label, press the OK button.
4. You should see Humax HDR 7500T at the top with 'Add this device' below that.
5. Click OK on "Humax HDR 7500T".
6. Click on 'Confirm' down the bottom.
7. Click OK on the "IceTV is now configured" message.

Your Humax PVR will now be connecting as the correct device in your account (because there is only 1 device now). And any changes you make to shows on the website or Android app will be seen in the schedules on your Humax PVR.

Note: Because of the device change all of your schedules for the next 5 days will be resent to your Humax PVR. But your Humax PVR will report that it failed to set them (because it has already set them from before). So please ignore any false error messages or failed schedules up to Wednesday night.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service