Device name missing from "Reschedule recording on"

Started by prl, September 01, 2016, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I've been testing the code to fix up the problem of the Beyonwiz sometimes returning a "No matching service" error when it should return a "Timer conflict: ..." error.

When I create a timer collision and get a My Week or TV Guide entry with the warning triangle and expand the entry, the text for rescheduling the recording is just "Reschedule recording on", rather than "Reschedule recording on DeviceName".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on September 01, 2016, 05:41:58 PM
I've been testing the code to fix up the problem of the Beyonwiz sometimes returning a "No matching service" error when it should return a "Timer conflict: ..." error.

When I create a timer collision and get a My Week or TV Guide entry with the warning triangle and expand the entry, the text for rescheduling the recording is just "Reschedule recording on", rather than "Reschedule recording on DeviceName".

Can you do it again except don't reschedule the failed timer(s) so I can have a look at them while they aren't showing the device name?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Thank you both for trying to address this issue - look forward to a fix in due course
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 01, 2016, 07:46:29 PM

Can you do it again except don't reschedule the failed timer(s) so I can have a look at them while they aren't showing the device name?

Done. On my "Beyonwiz T4" device, for programs starting at 18:00 on Wed 7 Sep. ABC News is the one flagged with the error.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on September 02, 2016, 08:20:02 AM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 01, 2016, 07:46:29 PM

Done. On my "Beyonwiz T4" device, for programs starting at 18:00 on Wed 7 Sep. ABC News is the one flagged with the error.

Thanks. It looks like a bug in the TV Guide and My Shows web pages that only occurs when the conflicting timer is a single recording and it only affects that reschedule link. I clicked on the link with no name and it did reschedule that recording for the correct device.

I assume the Android app shows the correct device name. I'll do some tests myself.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 02, 2016, 09:58:25 PM
I assume the Android app shows the correct device name. I'll do some tests myself.
Thanks, Dave.

The device name shows correctly for me on the "errored" recording in the Android app.

And yes, on the Web version, the link still works for me, even though the name is missing.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I've removed the test recordings. Let me know if you'd like me to test it again.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use