Cancelling timers

Started by csutak40, August 30, 2016, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Something weird is happening.  I thought it was something about  The Shtick, but it seems it happens with others.  I cancel a timer (on IceTV) and it re-generates.  It just refuses to take no for an answer. ::)
It wouldn't matter (easy enough to delete a program) except when I delete a timer to fix a clash.  This week, there was no clash, but I deleted Sunday's Shtick twice (just as an experiment)  It still ended up recording on Sunday
Then I deleted NCIS New Orleans.  It wasn't clashing with anything, I just happen to be ahead Chnl 10, so didn't need it.  Still recorded!  Why is it so?  ???  ;D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Was there anything from the IceTV logs the next time the Beyonwiz (I presume it was a Beyonwiz T series) contacted IceTV to sync, after you'd done the deletes?

There is currently an IceTV-related bug with deleting timers that have been created manually on the Beyonwiz, but that shouldn't affect timers created by IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on August 30, 2016, 11:00:03 PM
Was there anything from the IceTV logs the next time the Beyonwiz (I presume it was a Beyonwiz T series) contacted IceTV to sync, after you'd done the deletes?

There is currently an IceTV-related bug with deleting timers that have been created manually on the Beyonwiz, but that shouldn't affect timers created by IceTV.
It would be too late to look at the logs, but, as it happens, NCIS was actually on MediaCentre, so it is something from the IceTV end, not Wiz related
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on August 31, 2016, 01:38:17 AM
as it happens, NCIS was actually on MediaCentre, so it is something from the IceTV end, not Wiz related

You have your NCIS New Orleans series recording set for your Media Center so I'm not sure how you think it is something from the IceTV end.

Looking at your log I can see that the single recording for NCIS New Orleans on your T4 came from the T4. It was not created by IceTV. Which is why you were not able to delete it from IceTV. If you or a Beyonwiz auto timer creates a timer on the T4 you cannot delete it from IceTV. You have to delete the timer from where it was created (e.g. on the T4).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 12:17:39 PM
... Looking at your log I can see that the single recording for NCIS New Orleans on your T4 came from the T4. It was not created by IceTV. Which is why you were not able to delete it from IceTV. If you or a Beyonwiz auto timer creates a timer on the T4 you cannot delete it from IceTV. You have to delete the timer from where it was created (e.g. on the T4).
Actually, that seems to be pretty much the symptoms of the bug I mentioned.

You should be able to delete a Beyonwiz Tx-created on either the Tx or from IceTV. However, there's a problem with the Beyonwiz plugin code (or with the IceTV server, depending on how you look at it) that means that if you create a recording on a Tx, it is sent to IceTV, but when IceTV sends back its response, the Beyonwiz fails to pick up the IceTV timer id from the response.

That means that the timer on the Beyonwiz won't be marked as an IceTV timer on the Beyonwiz (it doesn't show the IceTV "star" icon on the timer in the timer list, or on the event in the EPG), even though it has an entry on the IceTV server. If the timer is deleted on the Beyonwiz, because it's not marked as an IceTV timer, the IceTV server isn't notified that it has been deleted. If the recording is deleted on IceTV, when the request reaches the Beyonwiz, there's no timer found that matches the timer id from the IceTV server, so it isn't deleted from the Beyonwiz, though it is deleted on IceTV.

To properly clear the timer, it has to be deleted on both the IceTV server and on the Beyonwiz.

The underlying cause is that the Beyonwiz plugin code is taking the timer id from the "Location" field in the IceTV server response (specifically the text of the Location field value after its last '/'). The IceTV server appears to not send the Location field in that response any more.

One fix (which I have implemented and am currently testing along with some other fixes), is to take the timer Id from the JSON data in the response. Another fix would be for the IceTV server to resume sending the Location field as before. I prefer the former, as it uses data in the public API.

However, peteru is currently doing a merge from the upstream enigma2 code, and that has put a bit of a hold on fixes getting into firmware releases for the T series, so it may be quicker to do the fix from the server end. Even if that's done, I think the Beyonwiz plugin code should still be changed.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on August 31, 2016, 01:38:17 AM
as it happens, NCIS was actually on MediaCentre, so it is something from the IceTV end, not Wiz related

You have your NCIS New Orleans series recording set for your Media Center so I'm not sure how you think it is something from the IceTV end.
Because I have set the timer (as I always do) through IceTV, not on Media Center.  I then deleted it on IceTV, so I expected it to be removed from Media Centre (TBH, I didn't check to see if it never got removed, or re-generated)

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 12:17:39 PMLooking at your log I can see that the single recording for NCIS New Orleans on your T4 came from the T4. It was not created by IceTV. Which is why you were not able to delete it from IceTV. If you or a Beyonwiz auto timer creates a timer on the T4 you cannot delete it from IceTV. You have to delete the timer from where it was created (e.g. on the T4).
I have never set any recordings directly from the Wiz (or Media Centre).  Always set them through IceTV.  I just double checked to see if there is a timer set for it through the Wiz (I set timers for all the recordings on Media Centre when I was going to upgrade to Win10 - but as that failed spectacularly, I went back to Win7, so deleted all those timers from the Wiz - all through IceTV)
I lie, I did set ONE show directly from the Wiz, right at the beginning when I first got it, it didn't work for some reason I don't remember, so I deleted it.  Never did it again.
One bit in your post I have to query.  "Beyonwiz auto timer creates a timer" Can the Win create a timer?  How does that happen?
Anyway, AFAIK, there was no recording set for NCIS New Orleans on the  Wiz, only the Media Centre.
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: prl on August 31, 2016, 02:23:18 PM

To properly clear the timer, it has to be deleted on both the IceTV server and on the Beyonwiz.

That seems to happen with the Shtick - the only show that I have fiddled with, by deleting the timer manually from the Wiz.  Even that doesn't always work, still often re-appears.  No idea what it is about that stupid shwo  :-\

I repeat, I have not set a timer for NCIS on the Wiz, so I have no idea how it ended up in the log
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

O.T.  Not sure what's happening - all my posts seem to appear twice  ???  Have to delete one of  them
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on August 31, 2016, 07:34:08 PM
O.T.  Not sure what's happening - all my posts seem to appear twice  ???  Have to delete one of  them

Definitely some frustrating forum gremlins happening over the last fews days. I've also seen my posts appear twice. And when I click on Preview the forum submits my reply as well as showing a preview of it! And I get a warning that someone has posted a reply while I was typing... because it has posted my reply already!
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on August 31, 2016, 07:22:13 PM
One bit in your post I have to query.  "Beyonwiz auto timer creates a timer" Can the Win create a timer?  How does that happen?

No. Timers set on the Windows Media Center will be displayed in your My Week so you know they are there but you cannot delete them from My Week.

The Skippa and supported Humax PVRs are the only recording devices where you can create and delete IceTV series and single recordings from the PVR or the IceTV phone app and website.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 07:55:30 PM
"Can the Win create a timer?" I meant to say, can the WIZ create a timer?  ;D

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 07:55:30 PMNo. Timers set on the Windows Media Center will be displayed in your My Week so you know they are there but you cannot delete them from My Week.

The Skippa and supported Humax PVRs are the only recording devices where you can create and delete IceTV series and single recordings from the PVR or the IceTV phone app and website.
I am now utterly confused.  I have never set a timer on Media Centre (or deleted one - not sure I even know how)  I do all my setting and deleting on the IceTV website (and rarely on the iPhone)
I find it hard to believe that this is the first time I have ever attempted to delete a timer from the Media Centre.  If I had done it before, I would have done it exactly the way I did it this time - on the website
Cheers,
Judy

prl

The forum seems to be creating a new post for me every time I use Preview in the Post Reply page!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on September 01, 2016, 02:26:16 AM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 07:55:30 PM
"Can the Win create a timer?" I meant to say, can the WIZ create a timer?  ;D
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2016, 07:55:30 PMNo. Timers set on the Windows Media Center will be displayed in your My Week so you know they are there but you cannot delete them from My Week.

Timers created by an AutoTimer on the Beyonwiz should never appear on your IceTV pages. However timers created manually on the Beyonwiz (e.g. created using the EPG) should appear on the IceTV page, and should be able to be deleted either from the IceTV page or the Beyonwiz. However, there is currently an open bug on the Beyonwiz that means that the deletion doesn't work properly. There's a lot more detail in my post above.

If you manually create a timer on the Beyonwiz, it will appear on your IceTV page, but for the moment you'll have to delete it in both places to get rid of it. I have a fix, but it's still in testing along with some other fixes.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quoting seems to be broken, too, as in my previous post.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on September 01, 2016, 11:04:58 AM

Timers created by an AutoTimer on the Beyonwiz should never appear on your IceTV pages. However timers created manually on the Beyonwiz (e.g. created using the EPG) should appear on the IceTV page, and should be able to be deleted either from the IceTV page or the Beyonwiz. However, there is currently an open bug on the Beyonwiz that means that the deletion doesn't work properly. There's a lot more detail in my post above.

If you manually create a timer on the Beyonwiz, it will appear on your IceTV page, but for the moment you'll have to delete it in both places to get rid of it. I have a fix, but it's still in testing along with some other fixes.
I understand, but, to reiterate, I have never created a timer either with AutoTimer nor using the EPG - I always do it on the IceTV page and in the case of NCIS New Orleans it was on the Windows Media Centre, not on Beyonwiz, so I don't understand how Dave saw it in the log
Cheers,
Judy