New recordings not being sent?

Started by gsmith2409, August 07, 2016, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsmith2409

Seems over last couple of days any new recordings do not seem to being sent from ice servers to my humax box. According to website says the humax is being updated, but items are not on schedule nor do they update on website with acknowledgement to be recorded. A reboot of the humax box also does not seem to help
Humax HDR-7500T

Zxdan

Glad to know that I am not alone.  I feel that this problem began on the Wednesday.  On that day I received an email saying that the first of the two Agent Carter episodes had an error.  I looked at my schedule & there was no conflict that could cause a problem.  Nothing happened when requesting the reservation for the episode be resent.  In fact no new reservations have been sent since then & Tue the 9th is the last.  Additionally last Thur, my only recording for the night (the Checkout) did not happen, discovering this when I noticed it was on.  Looking at the schedule on the Humax I could not see it.  I checked the device page on the website & could see that IceTV was syncing with the recorder.  The following night, my recording for another program did not happen as it had disappeared from the reservation list.  Yet I had seen it there the previous night. 

To fix the recordings not being sent, I tried a rebooting, resend of everything & remove IceTV as the TV guide & then re enabled it.  No reservations have come through.  In fact I have nothing because of the guide reset.  For tonights programs, I have resorted to finding them on the guide on the Humax & reserving them there.  When I look at my upcoming shows on the website, I can see these as solid dots whereas the rest of my weeks programs are doughnuts indicating they have not been sent through.

Didn't Ice do some sort of maintenance last week on their servers?  Anyway, we need a fix!

gsmith2409

Exactly, it looks like iceTV is not sending new items to be recorded. So the Humax box is only dealing with items previous sent and sync'd to the schedule. Normally in the past i'd find the Humax box itself had stopped checking for the TV guide, but in this case the guide is being fetched, just no new shows added to the schedule.

It seems I'll have to pay attention to every show and when the iceTV guide shows as empty doughnuts i'll have to manually setup a record. Seems to defeat the purpose of paying for iceTV.
Humax HDR-7500T

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

I am having a look at this one now, will update as soon as I have more information.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Zxdan

I just went to check "My Week" to see if any of the reservations been sent through.  No go but there was a change in what I had already setup.  I had four programs set via the EPG, Top Gear, two episodes of Agent Carter & Sleepy Hollow.  All red circles this morning.  When I went in to the My Week, the first episode of Agent Carter is now a red doughnut & some program called Scandal was set with a red dot as a single recording.  I didnt set a recording for that. 
So I delete that recording & now both episodes of Agent Carter are red doughnuts.  Deleting the Scandal reservation changed the second episode of Carter.  What the???

I'll have to carefully check whats on the actual machine tonight & make sure the recordings actually start when they supposed too.  I think I'll set up a manual single recording that spans both episodes of Carter.  From previous experience when you set up those type of manual reservations, Ice does not override it & just shows an error on the My Week page.

<added after seeing latest post>
Thanks Daniel

Daniel Hall at IceTV

A fix was pushed live just now, and I can see timers being updated correctly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Zxdan

Ok, I can see nice red dots in My Week, except .......... for that first dang episode of Carter (Monsters) again!  Its a doughnut.  Why is that episode such a problem.  I seem to remember a current topic in the EPG forum where a Topfield (?) user is having an issue with the first episode as well.

I'll just do a manual schedule to be safe for Carter.

gsmith2409

Thanks Daniel, great to see fast response. Yes looks like items are being added to Humax schedule.
Humax HDR-7500T