Lost Series Entries

Started by ChrisW, July 20, 2016, 06:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

It appears that at some stage in the last few week several of my Series entries have disappeared.

I only realised because I scan the guide each day for anything new of interest and noticed several regular recordings had not been set. On checking the Series section they were no longer there.

Example: Adam Hills: The Last Leg. This has been recording fine for as long as I can remember, including last week's episode.

It may well be operator error, but I can't think how. I'm just putting this out there in case others notice the same.

IanL-S

What PVR are you using. With Topfield PVRs it is possible for timers to be lost when updated data is downloaded from IceTV. This is usually associated with consecutive timers. It is invariably the first timer that is lost.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

ChrisW

Hi Ian.

To answer your question: Skippa (and Toppy 5000 and Beyonwiz).

However I posted this in the general thread because I don't believe it is PVR relevant - the Series entries have disappeared from my IceTV account, which was why the timers weren't created.

The missing Series have been set up for years, in some cases.

Two of the missing Series are long-term shows returning tonight, I believe: "Border Security - Australia's Front Line (2004)" and "The Force - Behind The Line (2006)". I been recording these since they started, on one device or another.

Perhaps Dave can check my history of Series creations (I such a log exists) to confirm if/when they may have dropped off? The above two may have been recorded by TED/S on the Toppy in the past (which has not been used for some time due to a PC failure) so I'm prepared to accept I may not have set up Skippa Series entries for them yet.

However I think "Adam Hills: The Last Leg" would be of most interest as that was certainly there last week.

ChrisW

I have some more information.....

As mentioned, "Adam Hills: The Last Leg" had disappeared from My Series on the website, which is set to display All recorders. I now recall that the series was originally set for my Beyonwiz.

When I re-added the series I set it for my Skippa instead, and it appeared as expected in My Series for that device.

What I have now found is if I select Beyonwiz in My Series the original entry is there. Likewise, if I select Skippa, the new entry is there. If I select All then only the Skippa entry appears.

I can accept that the My Series "All" option can't or won't display duplicate entries for the same series on different devices.

What is a mystery is why the original Beyonwiz entry disappeared from the All list.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: ChrisW on July 21, 2016, 07:09:37 AM
I have some more information.....

As mentioned, "Adam Hills: The Last Leg" had disappeared from My Series on the website, which is set to display All recorders. I now recall that the series was originally set for my Beyonwiz.

When I re-added the series I set it for my Skippa instead, and it appeared as expected in My Series for that device.

What I have now found is if I select Beyonwiz in My Series the original entry is there. Likewise, if I select Skippa, the new entry is there. If I select All then only the Skippa entry appears.

I can accept that the My Series "All" option can't or won't display duplicate entries for the same series on different devices.

Yes, this quirk is normal behaviour for the website.

Quote from: ChrisW on July 21, 2016, 07:09:37 AM
What is a mystery is why the original Beyonwiz entry disappeared from the All list.

If it shows up for the Skippa when 'All' is selected then that is why it is no longer showing up for the Beyonwiz. e.g. When it was only set for the Beyonwiz it would appear as a Beyonwiz series when 'All' is selected. But since you set that same series for the Skippa now it won't appear in the list twice (once for each device) so now it only shows for the Skippa when 'All' is selected.

It probably only appears for the last device it was set for (when 'All' is selected).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service