9HD EPG Toowoomba missing

Started by Nodeity, July 20, 2016, 10:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodeity

I wrote an email to Dave through the support section last week but haven't received a reply, so I thought I'd try here, seeing as phone support has been removed.   :o
On my IceTV EPG, Channel 9HD Toowoomba 80 has no EPG, where 9 Toowoomba 8 does, the station is broadcasting the same content as 9 Toowoomba, just no EPG, which is frustrating. There is no 9HD Toowoomba or 9 Toowoomba in the "my account" section of the EPG setup page, they are called WIN HD 80 and WIN 8. I note that the Freeview EPG calls these stations WinHD 80 and Win 8 also and the content is the same, can someone check this please, seems like one channel is crossing over the other.

Nodeity
Beyonwiz T4

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Nodeity on July 20, 2016, 10:09:22 AM
I wrote an email to Dave through the support section last week but haven't received a reply,

Hi J,

You actually sent the email to "Errors in EPG" :-[  and I only receive emails that are sent to support or sales.

9HD is not missing. It has changed its name and channel number in regional areas that receive channels from WIN.

As of July 1st

• WIN and Southern Cross have switched network affiliations between Nine and Ten but they kept their previous channel number ranges
  • Channel names have changed - 9HD is now SC 9HD
  • WIN HD broadcasts Ten HD (on LCN 80)
  • WIN broadcasts Ten (on LCN 8 and 81)
  • SC 9HD broadcasts 9HD (on LCN 50)
  • SC Nine broadcasts Nine (on LCN 5 and 51)

Solution

Make sure that the WIN and SC channels are enabled in your account and all of the capitol city 9s, 10s, elevens and ones are disabled (not just unticked but set to say Disabled). See Guide Settings under My Account here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

You should ensure that your PVR has replaced all of the old channels with the new and changed channels and has the latest channel list from your account, then resend all recordings from My Account on the website. See the steps at links below.

As you have a T4 Beyonwiz see the steps here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/98205727-Updating-channels-or-adding-a-new-channel-on-a-T-series-Beyonwiz

People with other devices should see this link:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22568077-How-do-I-Add-New-Channels-to-the-Guide-on-my-Recorder
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

• WIN and Southern Cross have switched network affiliations between Nine and Ten but they kept their previous channel number ranges
  • Channel names have changed - 9HD is now SC 9HD
  • WIN HD broadcasts Ten HD (on LCN 80)
  • WIN broadcasts Ten (on LCN 8 and 81)
  • SC 9HD broadcasts 9HD (on LCN 50)
  • SC Nine broadcasts Nine (on LCN 5 and 51)

Dave, I ran through those instructions to the letter as I've done several times before and nothing changes.
Channel names have changed - 9HD is now SC 9HD
There is no SC 9HD, either in the Channel scan for Toowoomba or Freeview Toowoomba. Although I note it is in the "My Account" section of IceTV.
WIN HD broadcasts Ten HD (on LCN 80)
Win HD broadcasts as Win HD (on LCN 80) on my channel scan and in Freeview. it is the HD version of Win. Which is LCN 8
This is the problem here, the Win (SD) EPG is fine but the Win HD EPG is not, even though the programs are there and identical to Win (SD).
Both Win HD and Nine HD have different content.
I don't understand why Win LCN 8 EPG works but the Win HD LCN 80 EPG is not?
Hope you can get to the bottom of this,
Might be easier to call me, thanks

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Nodeity on July 20, 2016, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: Dave R
Channel names have changed - 9HD is now SC 9HD
There is no SC 9HD, either in the Channel scan for Toowoomba or Freeview Toowoomba. Although I note it is in the "My Account" section of IceTV.

The channel is 9HD. But IceTV can't have 2 or 3 different 9HDs in the same region if we don't call them slightly different names to differentiate between them. In your IceTV account '9HD' is Brisbane's 9HD signal and 'SC 9HD' is Southern Cross' rebroadcast of 9HD. Other regions receive 9HD from other broadcasters like NBN and WIN/Prime.

The TV signal would just say 9HD or 9HD Toowoomba. Online TV guides and Freeview would just call it 9HD for every region, regardless of who is actually broadcasting it.

Quote from: Dave R
WIN HD broadcasts Ten HD (on LCN 80)
Win HD broadcasts as Win HD (on LCN 80) on my channel scan and in Freeview. it is the HD version of Win. Which is LCN 8

Correct.

Both Win HD and SC Nine HD have different content.

As they should. WIN HD is Ten HD and SC Nine HD is 9HD.

This is the problem here, the Win (SD) EPG is fine but the Win HD EPG is not, even though the programs are there and identical to Win (SD).
Hope you can get to the bottom of this, thanks

It sounds like you are saying that the guide on the Beyonwiz for WIN and WIN HD are not the same? They both broadcast the exact same channel Ten programs and their guide should be identical. Is the WIN HD guide blank or different to WIN?

I did notice that you had One enabled on 1 as well as 'WIN One' on 51 (I have disabled One now). Can you do a 'Fetch EPG and timers now' from the IceTV plugin on the T4 (and T3).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Hope you can get to the bottom of this, thanks

QuoteIt sounds like you are saying that the guide on the Beyonwiz for WIN and WIN HD are not the same? They both broadcast the exact same channel Ten programs and their guide should be identical. Is the WIN HD guide blank or different to WIN?
No, WIN and WIN HD are the same content, just no EPG for the HD channel.  I don't understand why the SD channel has an EPG and the HD channel does not?  As I mentioned earlier I have followed the instructions to the letter, but no matter how many times I do, it just does not work.   I seem to recall the last time they made changes we had a similar issue with one station not working properly, no idea if the issues are the same or just coincidental.   
Keep in mind here, the Freeview channels are the same and they all work.

Dave at IceTV

Another person in Toowoomba had a blank guide for 'SC 9HD' on their T4 so they sent me their service ID numbers for 9HD and one of the numbers is slightly different to what Southern Cross' documentation says it should be.

EDIT Your problem channel is also SC 9HD as scheduled for it are coming back with the no matching channel error. The fix I have just done for the other Toowoomba resident should solve your 9HD problem as well.

UPDATE I rescheduled your 2 failed 9HD shows 15 minutes ago and now both have been successfully set as timers on your T4.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 21, 2016, 01:02:16 PM
Another person in Toowoomba had a blank guide for 'SC 9HD' on their T4 so they sent me their service ID numbers for 9HD and one of the numbers is slightly different to what Southern Cross' documentation says it should be.

EDIT Your problem channel is also SC 9HD as scheduled for it are coming back with the no matching channel error. The fix I have just done for the other Toowoomba resident should solve your 9HD problem as well.

UPDATE I rescheduled your 2 failed 9HD shows 15 minutes ago and now both have been successfully set as timers on your T4.
Great, all good now, thanks Dave.  I'm pretty sure I had to send service ID numbers for a channel awhile ago because of something similar.  It's very frustrating when this happens because it makes me feel like an idiot.  Good thing they have you on the job, or I'd be using the FTA EPG by now.   ;)