SLUG / Puppy Compatibility

Started by smithy2167, April 28, 2005, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithy2167

Has anyone tried IceTV with a Toppy connected over Ethernet via a Linksys NSLU2 (aka SLUG) running Puppy?

My understanding is that Puppy only supports file transfers between the PC and Toppy.  Is the ICEGuide simply a file that's transferred to the Toppy or does the PC application need to talk somehow to the TAP?  (Can a PC App talk to a TAP?)

Dave.

pvogel

Good idea.  We haven;t done it yet, but it is only a metter of file transfers, so might be a simple modification to our loader.  I'll put it on the list to examine.  Let me know if you want to experiment yourself and I'l lgive you some pointers.

rwhitby

Another alternative is using the ftpd-topfield Unslung package on the Asus WL-500gx router.  Then the ICE uploader could just FTP the file up to the correct place on the TopField.

-- Rod

dusura

Quote from: pvogel on April 28, 2005, 09:54:23 PM
Good idea.  We haven;t done it yet, but it is only a metter of file transfers, so might be a simple modification to our loader.  I'll put it on the list to examine.  Let me know if you want to experiment yourself and I'l lgive you some pointers.

Hi,

I have the same setup. I have a SLUG with ftpd-topfield packag installed so I can FTP files. Could you tell me what files I need to copy where? I see there are a bunch of files in xml directory: ice, ice_epg_loader_200511111435.tap etc

Thanks in advance

dusura

Ended up using TED-ICE for EPG transfer. It has the added advantage of supporting timer setting.

Still it would be great if IceGuide4Topfield supported FTP transfer. Our even better, if there was a package you could install on the SLUG to do it all. I would guess that the firmware for the routers supplied by IceTV is Linux-based so maybe it wouldn't be that hard to port it to the SLUG.