Are Ice TV Servers Down?

Started by harveyge, June 23, 2016, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harveyge

Ice TV Interactive is continually reporting that it is not authorized. Log says invalid username and password. Are the Ice TV Servers down?

Problem started at about 6:30 Thursday 23rd June. Using Windows Media Centre 7 Ice TV Application as recorder.

Reposted as found original post found to be  in Skippa General.

Do not know why it got there

Geoff Harvey

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: harveyge on June 23, 2016, 12:59:07 PM
Ice TV Interactive is continually reporting that it is not authorized. Log says invalid username and password. Are the Ice TV Servers down?

Problem started at about 6:30 Thursday 23rd June. Using Windows Media Centre 7 Ice TV Application as recorder.

Geoff Harvey

Not sure why your problem started at 6:30am today instead of yesterday afternoon when others were first affected. It is only affecting some Windows Media Center users. It could possibly be certain characters in the passwords of the affected customers. My Windows 7 Media Center is logging perfectly. We're still investigating.

Quote from: harveyge on June 23, 2016, 12:59:07 PM
Reposted as found original post found to be  in Skippa General.

Do not know why it got there

The first person who asked the question posted it in the 'Skippa > General' possibly thinking it was 'General' section.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

timbo

I had the same problem yesterday (not sure if it's still happening... am at work).

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 23, 2016, 04:51:28 PM
It is only affecting some Windows Media Center users. It could possibly be certain characters in the passwords of the affected customers.

I'm using a Topfield with a pretty simple password (no strange characters).

It started off by saying it couldn't connect to the server, then changed to saying invalid username.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: timbo on June 23, 2016, 06:52:36 PM
I'm using a Topfield with a pretty simple password (no strange characters).

It started off by saying it couldn't connect to the server, then changed to saying invalid username.

My Topfield 2460 was saying "Cannot connect to server" earlier. But now, after some IceTV fixes today, my Topfield is logging in as it should with "Login successful" and it gets the device list though it never downloads the guide data. But there is no error message.

The fact that you are seeing an invalid username error could actually mean it has an invalid username saved in its settings. Try disabling IceTV, rebooting, checking the Portal will open, exit the portal and re-enter and save your IceTV username and password.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

On my Topfield 2460 the blank guide has green text at the bottom right-hand corner that is cut off at the end. It says "Make registration cod...". I assume it refers to IceTV and why the guide is blank but I would love to know for sure what the rest of the text actually says - or even if anyone else can see it and have they ever seen it before?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 23, 2016, 08:13:57 PM
On my Topfield 2460 the blank guide has green text at the bottom right-hand corner that is cut off at the end. It says "Make registration cod...". I assume it refers to IceTV and why the guide is blank but I would love to know for sure what the rest of the text actually says - or even if anyone else can see it and have they ever seen it before?
My was saying 'cooking' in green at one stage - which it certainly wasn't (it wasn't even working).

Is there any indication when the server will be working again?

Dave at IceTV

Status Update 3

All Recorders should now be working properly - 10pm Thu 23rd June.

• Humax PVRs should be working normally now.
  • Windows Media Centers should be working normally now. Click on the Login button in the IceTV Interactive program.
  • Topfield PVRs should be working normally now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 23, 2016, 10:16:31 PM
Status Update 3

All Recorders should now be working properly - 10pm Thu 23rd June.

• Humax PVRs should be working normally now.
  • Windows Media Centers should be working normally now. Click on the Login button in the IceTV Interactive program.
  • Topfield PVRs should be working normally now.

Thanks for getting the servers back up and the advice at 10pm that it had happened, Dave.

timbo

Everything was fine once I got home and checked. My username hadn't changed, so I assume it was just part of the general set of issues that have now been fixed. Thanks for the status updates.

Raymundy

I have a Humax and the Icetv will not log on. Keeps saying there is a problem with icetv server. It has been like this since Wednesday last week. Have tried restarting router, humax but to no avail. Any thoughts please?

IanL-S

I do not have a Humax, but you could try doing a reset to factory settings. This can solve all sorts of issues with PVRs and TVs.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Raymundy

Thanks Ian-LS, worked a treat. Cheers

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help