Nine switch from Win to Southern Cross Austereo

Started by prl, June 23, 2016, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I had a strange recording of "The Americans" made on 9Gem 23:55 Tue 05 Jul, (IceTV scheduled time 00:00 Wed 6 Jul).

The problems were:

• The recording shows as having been recorded from 9Gem, when the show is on One.
  • The recording title was "The Americans", but the synopsis was for "Monarch of the Glen": "Stella is desperate to hold on to her position at Glenbogle...", unless there's another show that uses the same made-up name of a Scots manor.
  • The recording contents seemed to be from an "infotainment" channel (going on and on at tedious length about some kind of miraculous paint roller; not just a normal ad).
  • The current 9Gen triple is the same as the previous One triple: 320C:0x0807:0x0827.
The last episode of The Americans that we recorded was "Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?". Coincidentally, I still have an unrefreshed MyShows page that says the IceTV set a timer to record the following episode, "Stingers" on One at 00:00 Wed 6 Jul.

The recording is well-separated in time from the changeover. Perhaps a timer on the T4 didn't get updated when I rescanned and did the disable/enable/fetch?

Anyway, we'll just have to go to Tenplay to watch it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Dome97 on July 07, 2016, 04:30:48 PM
I'm getting 'No matching service' emails for Wagga Prime. My account is set for Prime southern/60...is that correct or not, please? I am getting the epg for 6,60,61 etc.

Cheers, Dom.

Hi Dom,

6, 60 or 61 are okay. But for Wagga you should be using Prime Northern. It is more to do with what shows Prime broadcasts in your area than where Wagga is located in the NSW Regional Southern area.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
I had a strange recording of "The Americans" made on 9Gem 23:55 Tue 05 Jul, (IceTV scheduled time 00:00 Wed 6 Jul).
I had similar problems with recordings of Legends (again what should have been on One was recorded from Gem) and Sleepy Hollow (this time Go! and Eleven were exchanged).

The next recording from the new SCA channels (Legends on One, 23:30 Sat 9 Jul) is set to record tfrom the correct service, so it looks like the problem is restricted to timers on the new SCA services that already existed when I rescanned on 1 Jul.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The Canberra Times is reporting that SCA will start transmitting 9Life on 17 July.

QuoteSouthern Cross Austereo says the lifestyle and reality channel 9Life will be back on the air in the TV markets of Canberra, Wollongong, southern NSW, regional Victoria and regional Queensland from 6am on Sunday, July 17.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl -

Yes saw the 9Life news this morning on tvtonight.  Glad to hear it :)

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Dome97

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2016, 04:47:02 PM
If you have a Beyonwiz T series, you can also get "No matching service" errors for timer conflicts (don't ask  ::)), i.e. when you have timers for programs on more broadcasters than your box has tuners for.

It may be worth a check to see if that could be the cause.

But the error can also reflect a real mismatch between the service/channel selection information in the timer and the channel information in the T series box.

Thanks. I use the T3 for 7,9 & 10 & the T2 for 2 & SBS (Both have added usb tuner). Hopefully that should cover me? The 'North' fix worked.

Cheers, Do.
Cheers, Dom.

Dome97

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 07, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Dome97 on July 07, 2016, 04:30:48 PM
I'm getting 'No matching service' emails for Wagga Prime. My account is set for Prime southern/60...is that correct or not, please? I am getting the epg for 6,60,61 etc.

Cheers, Dom.

Hi Dom,

6, 60 or 61 are okay. But for Wagga you should be using Prime Northern. It is more to do with what shows Prime broadcasts in your area than where Wagga is located in the NSW Regional Southern area.

Ta. The 'north' fix worked. Don't know how or why I changed it since Prime was not affected by the recent changover.

Cheers, Dom.
Cheers, Dom.

eafywan

Hi, apparently 9Life is meant to be on channel 54 in Qld regional as of this morning at 6am. Is that confirmed? I can't set it up on our account as that channel doesn't show up in the list. Recordings are still failing set to "All", is there anything I need to do to sort this on our T4? Thanks

prl

9 Life has definitely started broadcasting content in the ACT.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

You may need to do a new service scan so that the T4 knows that the service is active.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I'm not sure how it was elsewhere, but in the ACT, 9 Life's channel was there from the switch-over on 1 Jul, but it just showed a channel "coming soon" splash screen. I didn't need to re-scan after 1 Jul to get 9 Life broadcasts when they actually started transmitting program material today.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

eafywan

Just got home after a weekend away and channel 54 is broadcasting as 9life. In the Ice account settings, 9life cant be assigned to lcn 54 as it isnt in the list, does this need to be changed at Ice's end to work for recording?

eafywan

OK, have rescanned the channels, disabled, re-enabled and re-fetched the ice guide etc from the T4 and still can't map 9life successfully. There is no LCN 54 in the list for 9life, and no other version of the life channel that can be assigned. Channel 54 has been working for some time, as PRL says above with the log and "Coming Soon". It has been broadcasting content since yesterday but we can't set up recordings via Ice TV app or website at the moment.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: eafywan on July 17, 2016, 07:38:37 PM
In the Ice account settings, 9life cant be assigned to lcn 54 as it isnt in the list, does this need to be changed at Ice's end to work for recording?

Yes. I expect we will be setting it up today or tomorrow.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

eafywan

Thanks Dave. Any chance you could post on this thread to advise it has been done so I can then check it?  :D