What has happened to telephone support?

Started by mikeathome, June 22, 2016, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeathome

There's a 1300 number shown on the Android APP, also used to be on the ICE website but one of the "Contact Us" links where I think it used to be is broken now and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere there.

When you call the 1300 number you hear a message advising that "ICE TV does not provide phone support as a first point of contact".  I use to be able to call and report issues - like - why is it that neither of my Topfield recorders can contact the ICE server all of a sudden? But now I have to fill out a form and wait for someone to deal with it.

If, as it seems,  there has  been a change in support arrangements, then I wonder why it is that I cannot find any communication from ICE advising me of this? Just removing the link on the website to the number really isn't good enough.

Dave at IceTV

We are currently looking at an issue affecting Topfield PVRs and Humax PVRs.

No other recording devices that I've tested are affected.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mouseandchicken

Aha!
That would answer my post under 'No EPG'.  ...  me having a humax and a topfield.

Cheers Dave

mattyd

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 22, 2016, 07:48:24 PM
We are currently looking at an issue affecting Topfield PVRs and Humax PVRs.

No other recording devices that I've tested are affected.

Hi all,

I can't seem to find a Status page or current issues, so can i gather there is an issue with Topfield EPG displaying 'cannot connect to server' at the moment?

I have a new 5300 which was working fine until today.

Thanks

Matt