How do I disable IceTV Smart Recording

Started by raj, June 14, 2016, 11:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raj

G'day,

How do I disable IceTV Smart Recording?

I have a Beyonwiz T2, and I have set a whole lot of timers in my T2. Unfortunately, IceTV kicks in with "Smart Recording" and decides to duplicate everything. As a result I end up with every recording duplicated.

I want the ability to manually set a recording, but what I do not want is IceTV to read my timer list on the T2 and then decide to use these settings to create a parallel set of timer recordings of its own and send those to the T2, thereby duplicating everything.

At the moment, it would appear the only way to do this is to abandon using IceTV altogether and just using the Freeview EPG. I do like the IceTV EPG, just that it appears to be quite incompatible with the T2.

IanL-S

I may have this wrong, but I think "smart recording" is feature of the Beyonwiz firmware. As I use my T2 as a backup for my Toppys and SKIPPA I manage all recordings via the IceTV Interactive www site. I assume you do not get duplicates of one-off timers that you set on the T2.

If you have two separate Apps doing series and advance options selection, duplicates can arise. You may have got a quicker or more informed response if you posted in the Beyonwiz section of this forum or the IceTV section of the Beyonwiz forum.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raj

Thanks.

The reason I posted it here is because it is the IceTV plugin that keeps adding the timers. I know this because the IceTV logo is attached to the timer in the timer list. So, if I delete the timers added by IceTV (with their logo), the next time the IceTV information is fetched, there is first the timers I have set which get picked up by IceTV, and then IceTV sends its information to the plugin and this adds a duplicate set of timers (with their logo) to the list on the T2. I then get duplicate recordings.

It does not matter if I go into my IceTV account and remove all my timers, the fact that it reads the timers from my T2 means they get set back in IceTV.

Now I have only a single instance of the channels with Last Scanned and Favourites are completely blank.

There are no duplicates of channels in my terrestrial _lcn file either (i.e. the channels like 1, 2, 3, 7, 9 have been effectively disabled with the only lines that hold information being 11,12, 13, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30, 32, 33, 70, 71, 72, 73, 76, 90, 92, 93 and 94.)

I know it is the IceTV plugin doing this because if I disable the IceTV plugin, I do not get anything added and no duplicate timers.

I am also aware of issues with the way the T2 handles channels and their LCN. What is happening at the moment is IceTV working as it did for the earlier Beyonwiz models which used the LCN and not the line position in the .tv file to give it a pseudo LCN. This should really not be a problem as all that needs to happen is to read the LCN and then transpose that to a line in a.tv file, and then check the timer list to see if there is already a timer programmed that matches. If there is not, then add one, otherwise skip it.

As things stand, there is a significant incompatibility between the Tx series and IceTV, and there is no setting in IceTV to deal with this behaviour.

So, at the moment I have IceTV disabled. I will wait and see if there are any developments, however it does not look good for IceTV and me at the moment.

Dave at IceTV

The T2 (plus the T4 and T3) do not use LCNs. The use the triple service id numbers. IceTV when dealing with a T2 or T3 or T4 (or Skippa) does not use LCNs as the PVR would not know what channel an LCN referred to.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

raj

Is there a way of stopping the IceTV plugin from creating its own timers based on manually timers that have been set in the T2 and only adding timers that have been specifically set in IceTV?

Dave at IceTV

The IceTV plugin will only create a new timer if there is no existing timer for that show at that time on that service.

Duplicate timers usually means duplicate services with the service that the original timer is set for having been disabled. IceTV cannot see any timer on the only enabled service for that channel so it does the correct thing and sets the timer you want on the enabled channel. Basically it thinks your T2 does not have a timer set for ABC One because 21 is the only ABC One on the T2 at the moment.

This would only occur during the first 7 days after editing the service list on the T2.

The solution is to delete the timers that are still set for the disabled channel (in your case, ABC on channel 2). Or if there aren't duplicates at the moment, edit those timers so that they are now set to an existing channel (instead of a disabled channel).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Hacking the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet on the T series really is only a good idea for those who know exactly what all the consequences are.

Even though I was the one who filed the enhancement request for the T series to handle LCNs properly (way back in pre-release testing), I really don't know why anyone would want to go to the trouble of learning what they all are.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing