No EPG

Started by TimC, June 09, 2016, 09:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

Just a suggestion.
This would have been worth sending out a global email for, or at least a post on the forum of affected PVR Types.
I spent a bit of time thinking that the problem was at my end.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

mouseandchicken

Hi

Is your epg down tonight.   Both my topfield and humax are failinv to login
My network and account look ok.
Thought I would check here. 

Dave at IceTV

For anyone else looking here for an answer (mouseandchicken found the answer in another topic)

We are currently (and still) looking at an issue affecting Topfield PVRs and Humax PVRs.

No other recording devices that I've tested are affected. But apparently some other recorders were temporarily unable to login.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

watrob

My MCE,s are not downloading either, getting errors:-

23/06/2016 12:15:34 AM   Warn   Exception System.Net.WebException - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

and

23/06/2016 12:16:34 AM   Error   Invalid username/password.

Thanks

Dave at IceTV

I saw this myself. I just needed to login again and then it was able to sync with the server.

Open IceTV Interactive and click on the Login button and wait 10 seconds. Then if it doesn't start downloading on it's own click on the Sync now button.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 23, 2016, 12:01:14 AM
We are currently (and still) looking at an issue affecting Topfield PVRs and Humax PVRs.
On my Topfield, I have written a TAP that extracts EPG data from http://remote-topfield.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/pimp/pimp_server just like the PVR does.  The TAP still gets EPG data, the PVR firmware EPG does not.

The PVR gives the message "ERROR - Cannot Connect to Server", but my wget command appears to work fine.

My TAP requests a full data set (once a day) whereas the PVR requests incremental data sets throughout the day.  Maybe this could be a factor.

I hope this helps.

IanL-S

I must be fortunate, I have not noticed this on any of my Toppys.

Just fired up WebControl and checked my 7 Toppys (mixture of 7100+, 2400 and a 5300) that use IceTV and EPG is complete as far as the morning on 28 June, and incomplete on 29 June. So it looks like I too may be have problems.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on June 23, 2016, 06:25:12 AM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 23, 2016, 12:01:14 AM
On my Topfield, I have written a TAP that extracts EPG data from http://remote-topfield.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/pimp/pimp_server just like the PVR does.  The TAP still gets EPG data, the PVR firmware EPG does not.

The PVR gives the message "ERROR - Cannot Connect to Server", but my wget command appears to work fine.

My TAP requests a full data set (once a day) whereas the PVR requests incremental data sets throughout the day.  Maybe this could be a factor.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Mike. I noticed your TAP was working okay when I was looking at random accounts to see which devices were affected and just by chance clicked on your account.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

heggs

Hi, just to share, my TF-2400 is out of action also as of yesterday arvo. I performed the latest firmware upgrade in response to no avail.

I ran a packet sniff on the unit and it's successfully logging into and retrieving from remote-topfield.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/webpimpdevices.cgi?op=get_devices&format=plist

I'm happy to share my packet data if you'd like.

themolk

I'm experiencing the same problem as watrob (have just logged a Tech Support call).

Authorisation fail. No sync now because no login option.

App shows "Synchronisation paused while Internet is unavailable". It's not unavailable.

I just can't login.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: heggs on June 23, 2016, 10:48:51 AM
Hi, just to share, my TF-2400 is out of action also as of yesterday arvo. I performed the latest firmware upgrade in response to no avail.

I ran a packet sniff on the unit and it's successfully logging into and retrieving from remote-topfield.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/webpimpdevices.cgi?op=get_devices&format=plist

I'm happy to share my packet data if you'd like.

I would love to see the packet capture, will pm you.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

On a Toppy the absence of login usually means that the Toppy was not able to log in to IceTV when powered up and (for some reason) it assumes there is no network connection. Hence the inability to log in 'manually'.

Merely activating network connection is not sufficient, you have to reboot the Toppy. However, it the Toppy is unable to log in when it reboots due to reasons other than the absence of network connection, then you will be no further forward.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

mattyd

Nothing much to add other than to say my new Topfield 5300 stopped receiving ICE TV data today with the error cannot connect to server.

Have tried several reboots and manual log out and log back in to the ice portal....to no avail.

But i have faith in guru Dave that he will have this sorted in no time !!

Cheers guys,

Matt

PS As i don't own a skippa, i was only able to see this page from a moderator kindly redirecting me to this post. Can i suggest a global status section or traffic light option might be added to the app or at least to this forum?  Great idea? Hell yes it is ;)

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: mattyd on June 23, 2016, 02:37:07 PM
PS As i don't own a skippa, i was only able to see this page from a moderator kindly redirecting me to this post. Can i suggest a global status section or traffic light option might be added to the app or at least to this forum?  Great idea? Hell yes it is ;)

Definitely a great idea and it is on our to do list. We discuss the need for an easy to find server status section or web page each time there is an issue, but when we aren't having an issue it is low priority.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

I don't why this topic is in the Skippa section, but for those who may be following it for updates:

Status Update

We're still checking and working on various things but it is looking a lot better.

• Humax PVRs should be working normally now.
  • Topfield PVRs can now log in and download the device list but may still be having a problem getting the guide.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service