How to remove an episode?

Started by csutak40, June 08, 2016, 11:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I am not sure if this is the right group for this question, but I don't think it is a BW question.

Lately, when ever I want to remove an episode of a show, for what ever reason, i.e. the show is causing a clash, and I decide to remove it, so that the other show can record, or the show is incorrectly picked up because of a keyword, I delete the show, it seems to "take", but a few minutes later the timer re-appears. 

I never used to have this problem, I am sure that this is something new.

I have been wrestling with one for Sunday, deleted "The Shtick" countless times, re-schedule 60 minutes, all seems well, then a few minutes later I get yet another clash report.  I go back to look and sure enough, The Schick is marked to record again and 60 Minutes has an exclamation mark.  It has now gotten even more confusing, The Schtick is no longer marked to record, yet it is still showing up in as email telling me it is stopping 60 minutes from recording

I thought this was just a problem with this particular show, but I noticed last night that the Sons of Anarchy was marked to record.  Turns out, it is marked to record because it somehow matches a keyword recording I've set up for "suits" ???  The same thing happened last week, when I saw it, I just removed the episode.  Did the same this week, except I just discovered that it had recorded anyway.  I don't particularly care, easy enough to delete, and, as it happens, it didn't clash with anything else, so no harm done.

However, I am still wondering why I can't remove episodes any longer? 

Just to confuse me further, in some cases, it will allow me to remove episodes.  Channel 31 is not very good at showing repeats, so things are often marked to record several times. (which is the case with the Shtick)  Another show like that is Regional Italian Cuisine, which is marked to record 3 times.  I removed two of them, and they stayed removed
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

It sounds like you are deleting the timer off the Beyonwiz. T series Beyonwiz PVRs download all of the week's timers every time they do a fetch. If you delete a IceTV scheduled timer off the T2 it will just reappear when the T2 does its next update from IceTV.

So you need to cancel the recording for that episode from the IceTV website or phone app (from My Week or TV Guide). Then after the T2 does its next IceTV fetch the timer will vanish from the T2 and stay deleted (until the next week or next episode).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 09, 2016, 12:06:48 PM
It sounds like you are deleting the timer off the Beyonwiz. T series Beyonwiz PVRs download all of the week's timers every time they do a fetch. If you delete a IceTV scheduled timer off the T2 it will just reappear when the T2 does its next update from IceTV.

Hmmm... not quite. If you delete a timer on the T2 and it has an IceTV timer id associated with it, the Beyonwiz T series will request that it is deleted from the IceTV server when it is deleted on the PVR.

If you look in the IceTV log after deleting an IceTV you should see the deletion request to the IceTV server in the log.

In fact, due to a bug in the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin code, you'll often see a successful deletion logged, then an unsuccessful one logged (with Error 404: Not Found, IIRC), because the current code does bit of an unintended belt-and-braces effort and sends two deletion requests for the timer to the IceTV server.

If there isn't a deletion request in the log, then would be a problem, and most likely a Beyonwiz-side bug.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 09, 2016, 12:06:48 PMSo you need to cancel the recording for that episode from the IceTV website or phone app (from My Week or TV Guide). Then after the T2 does its next IceTV fetch the timer will vanish from the T2 and stay deleted (until the next week or next episode).

That shouldn't be necessary. If it is, then there's probably a Beyonwiz-side bug.

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on June 09, 2016, 05:37:48 PM

Hmmm... not quite. If you delete a timer on the T2 and it has an IceTV timer id associated with it, the Beyonwiz T series will request that it is deleted from the IceTV server when it is deleted on the PVR.

If you look in the IceTV log after deleting an IceTV you should see the deletion request to the IceTV server in the log.

In fact, due to a bug in the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin code, you'll often see a successful deletion logged, then an unsuccessful one logged (with Error 404: Not Found, IIRC), because the current code does bit of an unintended belt-and-braces effort and sends two deletion requests for the timer to the IceTV server.

If there isn't a deletion request in the log, then would be a problem, and most likely a Beyonwiz-side bug.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 09, 2016, 12:06:48 PMSo you need to cancel the recording for that episode from the IceTV website or phone app (from My Week or TV Guide). Then after the T2 does its next IceTV fetch the timer will vanish from the T2 and stay deleted (until the next week or next episode).

That shouldn't be necessary. If it is, then there's probably a Beyonwiz-side bug.

:-[ You are correct, again. I must have been thinking about PVRs in general and not the T series PVRs that use IceTV API v2.

If Judy is deleting the timer off the Beyonwiz and then a short while later the deleted timer is being recreated then something is definitely screwy somewhere. At the risk of being wrong a 3rd time today, I suspect the cause is on her T2, but I don't know enough about the T2's timer logic to speculate how or why.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Information from a T series IceTVlog when  this problem happens would be useful.

The IceTV timer delete request is triggered by a callback from the normal Beyonwiz timer delete.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Hi Judy,

So you need to cancel the recording for that episode from the IceTV website or phone app (from My Week or TV Guide). Then after the T2 does its next IceTV fetch the timer will vanish from the T2 and stay deleted (until the next week or next episode).
I have been deleting them from the IceTV website, not the Wiz
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: prl on June 09, 2016, 10:27:13 PM
Information from a T series IceTVlog when  this problem happens would be useful.

The IceTV timer delete request is triggered by a callback from the normal Beyonwiz timer delete.

Here is the  log, hope it means something to you :-)  (and I hope you can read it  :P)
Cheers,
Judy

prl

That looks mostly like network problems. Three of the four screens show a request from the Beyonwiz to the IceTV server timing out (the server doesn't respond in a reasonable time). The fourth screen (top right) shows a server side internal error and suggests you contact IceTV about it. In that case the server had been contacted, but perhaps the failed communications had put it into a strange state. Dave is probably better placed to investigate that one.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Given the reports (here and here) of other recent IceTV server problems, it's possible that those log entries aren't an indication of the "remove timer" problem, but are more just general problems to do with the server errors.

So unfortunately those logs don't help with the "delete timer" issue, because it's not clear that they're related to it.

I'd need to see logs of PVR-side timer deletions from a time when the IceTV server was working normally.

I'm going to be away for about a week from tomorrow, so I may not be able to do much useful on this until I get back.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on June 10, 2016, 11:38:16 AM
Given the reports (here and here) of other recent IceTV server problems, it's possible that those log entries aren't an indication of the "remove timer" problem, but are more just general problems to do with the server errors.

So unfortunately those logs don't help with the "delete timer" issue, because it's not clear that they're related to it.

I'd need to see logs of PVR-side timer deletions from a time when the IceTV server was working normally.

I'm going to be away for about a week from tomorrow, so I may not be able to do much useful on this until I get back.
This is all too much for my little brain, but I just discovered something.  Never thought to look before.  However, even though the IceTV website shows The Shtick as not set to record - the T2 does.  That explains why it keeps reporting a clash.
The question remains, why is it so?
Before checking, I reset the timer for 60 minutes again, and of course (now I understand why) I got the email to tell me that there is a clash
So, I can, of course, delete the timer directly from the T2, but I thought I'd leave it there in case someone wants to check something else
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Forgot one of the attachments
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on June 10, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
This is all too much for my little brain, but I just discovered something.  Never thought to look before.  However, even though the IceTV website shows The Shtick as not set to record - the T2 does.  That explains why it keeps reporting a clash.

This is a known problem. It normally resolves itself after a couple of IceTV update cycles.

Quote from: csutak40 on June 10, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
The question remains, why is it so? ...

I think that the state is that Daniel can reproduce the problem, but hasn't found a resolution. Because it doesn't seem to affect the actual timer setting outcome, I don't think it's got all that high a priority. I'd like to see it fixed, because it makes testing of some other fixes I'd like to do to the Beyonwiz plugin more difficult, because the interface doesn't work as cleanly as it probably should, but that will depend on Daniel getting time to get back to it.

Perhaps now that it's been seen "in the wild" and not just by someone trying to break things, perhaps it'll get another look.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on June 10, 2016, 05:01:49 PM

This is a known problem. It normally resolves itself after a couple of IceTV update cycles.
Well, this has been going on for days (nearly a week - it would have started the fist time I got notified of the clash, which I presume would have been on Monday?) and certainly hasn't resolved itself.
The first few times I deleted (on the web) the Shtick, it re-set itself - hence the subject of this thread.  Then, eventually, my deleting seemed to have stuck, or so I thought, as it was no longer showing on the web (I just checked, it also doesn't show on the iPhone app)

So should I leave it there, or delete it manually from the Wiz?
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

So you thought deleting Shtick stuck. Try saying that quickly ten times :)

As per your email request yesterday to only record Shtick on Wednesdays (to avoid timer conflicts on Sundays) I deleted your T2's Shtick series recording and setup a keyword to only record the repeat episodes. This removed the schedule from Sunday and set a schedule for Wed. Maybe this be the single timer that you are currently seeing.

On the website and phone app you should be seeing a single red dot and a red magnifying glass for Wednesday's repeat of Shtick on the T2.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 11, 2016, 05:36:23 PM
Hi Judy,

So you thought deleting Shtick stuck. Try saying that quickly ten times :)

As per your email request yesterday to only record Shtick on Wednesdays (to avoid timer conflicts on Sundays) I deleted your T2's Shtick series recording and setup a keyword to only record the repeat episodes. This removed the schedule from Sunday and set a schedule for Wed. Maybe this be the single timer that you are currently seeing.

On the website and phone app you should be seeing a single red dot and a red magnifying glass for Wednesday's repeat of Shtick on the T2.
Thank you, Dave
The Sunday recording was still there, so I have now manually deleted it from the Wiz.  Rescheduled 60 minutes (again) see if it will now work
The timer for Wednesday is now there as well, so fingers and toes crossed   :P
Cheers,
Judy