Transferring recordings to a new device

Started by vader1111, June 09, 2016, 12:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

I'm currently looking at replacing my Topfield with a Beyonwiz.  Once I do, I will need to change all of my recordings so that they are sent to the new device.

Is there any easy way of changing all of the series recordings at once, or do I have to go through them all, one at a time?

Dave at IceTV

If it is a T series Beyonwiz, unfortunately you will most likely need to edit each series to change the device to the new Beyonwiz device.

You cannot add a new device and move the series now, as the Tx Beyonwiz will more than likely add itself as another new device (ignoring any devices you already have). If it sets its device type as a T3 leave it as a T3 (even if the PVR is a T2 or T4).

Before connecting the Beyonwiz you could go to "My Account > My Recorders", click on Settings, then change the Topfield2400 Device Name to 'Beyonwiz T2' or 'Beyonwiz T4', and change the Device Type to 'Beyonwiz T3' (note the type is a T3).

Then when you setup the new Beyonwiz it will either take over the existing device or add itself as a new device (most likely a new device).

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

vader1111

I'm looking at getting a T2, so it will probably add itself as a new device.

I'll try the workaround (editing the existing device), hopefully that will do the trick.