Main Menu

7HD vs 7MATE

Started by dougie69, May 23, 2016, 12:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac37

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 07, 2016, 03:44:32 PM

You should do the scan once more, with delete before scan enabled, but do a location scan and not a full scan to avoid the duplicate SBS channels.
I did the scan again and it sorted out the Channel 70 EPG display - now 7mate - Thanks again.

"7mate Remote" is for, well, remote parts of far north QLD.

Well, OK - thanks.
You probably get 2 sets of the commercial channels (though the "regional" set would be missing some of the new channels that the "Brisbane" set of channels has).
Correct, but there are a few "regionals" that are not included in "my account", which is why I set some of the "Brisbane" ones to the regional LCNs.

You risk getting timer conflicts on your PVRs if you have two of the same channel enabled as often the same show will record on both channels. I notice in your account you have a mixture of Brisbane and Sunshine Coast channels. Ideally anyone who can pickup a good signal for a capitol city's channels you are better off using those channels and disabling all of the local (regional) channels.

The only exception to this suggestion would be if 1 or 2 of the main local channels on 5, 6 or 8 had local news around 6 or 7pm.

We do mix local and Brisbane news programs, so we need the sixes and sevens

Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Mac37

Hi Dave,

Also forgot to mention that I configured 7TWO in "my account" to 62, and disabled 7TWO - QLD, because I get failed timers with "no matching service" for 7TWO - QLD. Yet not for 7TWO, even though it is set for "62" !  I think you must have changed that, so I have changed it back to the way it works.
I prefer to use the "local" channels (LCNs) when I can, just to make sure the reception is OK.

Thanks again for your help.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: mac37 on June 08, 2016, 02:33:01 AM
Also forgot to mention that I configured 7TWO in "my account" to 62, and disabled 7TWO - QLD, because I get failed timers with "no matching service" for 7TWO - QLD. Yet not for 7TWO, even though it is set for "62" !  I think you must have changed that, so I have changed it back to the way it works.

As long as it works its all good. And it looks okay at this end.

FYI, any time channel settings in your account are changed you should run through the IceTV plugin's setup wizard again (keep all the existing settings). Otherwise the IceTV plugin would still be using the original channel list and fail to set timers for any of the changed channels.

Quote from: mac37 on June 08, 2016, 02:33:01 AM
I prefer to use the "local" channels (LCNs) when I can, just to make sure the reception is OK.

Luckily the T series Beyonwizes with their multiple tuners and multiple recordings per TV network per tuner cope better than most PVRs with mixed and matched channels from 2 regions. Hopefully you'll eventually get regional versions of 7flix and 10HD so you won't need to use any Brisbane channels.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 08, 2016, 01:02:35 PM
FYI, any time channel settings in your account are changed you should run through the IceTV plugin's setup wizard again (keep all the existing settings). Otherwise the IceTV plugin would still be using the original channel list and fail to set timers for any of the changed channels.
That seems like overkill. A "Fetch EPG and update timers now" should be enough, because the plugin rebuilds its channel map de novo on every update it requests from IceTV, manually forced or on the normal timer.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on June 08, 2016, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 08, 2016, 01:02:35 PM
That seems like overkill. A "Fetch EPG and update timers now" should be enough, because the plugin rebuilds its channel map de novo on every update it requests from IceTV, manually forced or on the normal timer.

A "Fetch EPG and update timers now" should be enough but it doesn't do a full guide data download.

To test this, if you enable or disable or edit a custom repeat flag the easiest way to get the T series to do a full guide refresh, so you can see your changed custom repeat flag, seems to be to run the setup wizard in the IceTV plugin.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Yes, that's right, but I was talking specifically about the rebuild of the channel map.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing