Murdoch Mysteries

Started by Carljh, May 13, 2016, 02:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljh

For the second week in a row, the second episode of Murdoch Mysteries failed to record on my Skippa last night.  To make sure I got this week's episode, I set it record on my trusty old TiVo too.  I noticed when I set it to record on this device that the 2 were actually set up as one  2 hour episode and am wondering if this could have something to do with the problem on Skippa as they are back to back shows.  I am in Adelaide.

prl

It may be Skippa-specific. We haven't had problems with either episode recording on our Beyonwiz T4.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Hi Carl,

Looking at your account,

For the 1st episode, with the 9:15pm start time:
To me, it looks like it was deleted at 12:41pm on the 11th. No idea why.

For the 2nd episode, with the 10:15pm start time:
Your Skippa reported at 11:44pm that 'Murdoch Mysteries: The Green Muse' had completed recording.
Then 2 seconds later your Skippa reported that the 'Murdoch Mysteries: The Green Muse' recording had failed.

Are there any Failed Recordings listed on the Skippa? To check, go to My Week, press the blue left arrow button to get back to the left side, then scroll down to Failed Recordings.

Have any other recordings failed? Is the HDD full?

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Carljh

The first recording this week I deleted myself as I watched it direct on CBC via VPN.  I noticed the second episode was not recording about 10 minutes after the start time so went in and set it to record using the red record button which is why it showed as recording successfully but this was not the series recording.  Last week I had set both episodes to record but only the first one did so.  I received a failed recording email in regards to this.  I have had a few failed recordings but never have any shown up under Failed Recordings on Skippa since I first received the unit.  The HDD never has more than 2 or 3 recordings on it as I watch shows as soon as possible.  One thing that I have noticed is that quite often if I cancel a recording, any others on the same channel on the same day don't record.  I guess this is just one of the quirks of Skippa that we have to live with.  Overall I am very happy with this unit and intend to keep using it as my main PVR until I get a major hiccup.  One surprising thing is that the success rate of ad skipping seems to have improved over the last couple of weeks and have no idea why.

Dave at IceTV

Thanks Carl,

Quote from: Carljh on May 13, 2016, 10:53:36 PM
The first recording this week I deleted myself as I watched it direct on CBC via VPN.

Was it already recording when you cancelled it?

I have had a few failed recordings but never have any shown up under Failed Recordings on Skippa since I first received the unit. 

I've got 1 failed recording, from last November. I keep it there to remind me what a failed recording looks like. I should take a screenshot then delete the recording.

One thing that I have noticed is that quite often if I cancel a recording, any others on the same channel on the same day don't record.

Does it matter how you cancel the recording? From the Skippa or website or phone app? Or has the recording already started and then you stop it with the remote control?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Carljh

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.  In answer to #1, I cancelled it before it recorded, on the Wednesday.  In regards to the third, I cancel recordings generally from my iPhone or direct from Skippa, can't recollect which method I used for any particular show.

To add to my woes, last night's episode of Father Brown on channel 2 failed.  Last night's Escape to the Country did record but when I checked, there was a movie on in this time slot and the same thing happened last week.    I noticed with the Friday edition of this show that both this week and last, it showed up in my recordings early in the week and disappeared later, reappearing on Saturday (as I said I am in  Adelaide).

Another thing is that when 9 & 10 introduced their HD channels, Skippa picked them up automatically but I had to do a manual scan to get 7 HD.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Carljh on May 15, 2016, 12:30:48 PM
Another thing is that when 9 & 10 introduced their HD channels, Skippa picked them up automatically but I had to do a manual scan to get 7 HD.

I wonder if that was because 10 added a new channel (13) and 9 added new channels (91, 92, 93) but 7 just changed an existing channel (70). It might take a new channel to get the Skippa to do the update automatically. Or maybe with a changed channel it needs a reboot.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service