Late Show with David Letterman - Now on Ten

Started by kand8979, December 30, 2006, 06:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kand8979

Letterman is moving to Channel Ten from 1 January, but I've just checked the IceGuide for next week and Letterman is not listed.

Channel Ten's Website shows that it is on around midnight every night next week.

Any idea why it's not showing up in the IceGuide?  Is it going to be on? There hasn't been much publicity around about the move.

Jason W

It's showing here on the Gold Coast guide as being on SC10 at 2007-01-02 23:45 UTC+1000 and again on the 4th but nothing for Ten. It shows on Ten's website as being aired at the same time so this is definitely an Ice issue.

goldcoastguy

NineMSN's guide as well as Yourtv.com.au (both sourced from HWW) are also claiming the Late Show on SC10 and movies on Ten Brisbane.

The same also applies to The Early Show (does CBS have no imagination in their program titles???) which replaces various religious programs from 4am-6am weekdays. The religious programs are moving to 2am(ish)-4am, replacing various home shopping programs (yay!!...... i think!).

According to the SC10 guide on both the above sites, The Late Show is on each weeknight around midnight.

Evan :->

kand8979

I'm in Townsville but use the Brisbane Guide as Ice Source.

From the above it appears Southern Cross Ten will be airing it but not Ten Brisbane?

That seems odd but as long as it's on here I'm happy.

Thanks

goldcoastguy

My gut feeling is that it will be on all Ten stations, especially given the Ten website has gone to the trouble of not just listing it but providing a graphic image as well.

Also appears that The Late Show will be in HD and WS. This is better than what Nine provided. Of course what we actually get (particularly in the first month or so) maybe very different.

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks for the warning on Letterman. As most have pointed out, we've had this on IceGuide for TEN affiliates for awhile. All our other sources indicated capital city TENs were remaining Letterman free. This did not seem so bizarre as there are many cases of regionals being in a position to do deals for other Netwroks' programming at the exclusion of the Capitals. An example is Bold And The Beautiful being on non-ten channels in some regions. However, I think the 'gut-feeling' mentioned will prove the right feeling in this case. As most of you know, we cannot and do not source any information directly from Channel websites, so if TEN are showing Letterman on theirs, I cannot act on that alone. I am waiting patiently for other sources to 'catch-up' and will amend ICE line-ups accordingly then. Thanks again for the alert though, it's very helpful.

goldcoastguy

I think if The Early Show is actually shown tomorrow morning at 4am, then Letterman will also be shown.

I should still be up at that time, so I'll let you know :-)

goldcoastguy

The Early Show is currently being shown on both Ten Brisbane and SC10 Gold Coast.

goldcoastguy

Further to this, The Early Show is in 4:3 and probably not HD.

It's also last Friday's edition (apparently Saddam might be executed this weekend..... had a bit of a "No Shit, Sherlock" moment when I saw that).

Mitch IceGuide

Ok thanks for that. This morning and tomorrow morning were changed to the 'real' line-up yesterday afternoon, albeit too late for many updates. The remainder of the week will be altered before day's end. Appreciate your help. May 2007 be the year of co-operation between Networks and IceTV ..... oh and of course World Peace.

kand8979

Thanks for the updates.

Goldcoastguy - I was hoping that it would be widescreen but I did some digging on the Ten Website and they also claim The Simpsons as Widescreen - so clearly TEN have no idea what widescreen actually is.

Makes no sense to me as Letterman has been Widescreen HD for over twelve months and we still get the 4:3 broadcast.

goldcoastguy

Well I'm sure you know by now that Letterman was on Ten Brisbane (and almost certainly all other Ten stations).

It was also in widescreen!

And it was also HD...... certainly looked great in SD!

kand8979

Yeah i saw it last night - looked great much better than what WIN has been serving up.

Let's just hope Ten stick with it.