EPG retrieval frequency

Started by furbies, April 13, 2016, 05:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furbies

If folks are downloading and using, it if you'd post a note here that it's of use ? (feedback)  ;D

Dave at IceTV

Hi furbies,

I hope you are monitoring this thread of yours.

I have been testing the 30 minute version of your EyeTV EPG Updater V3 and the update intervals seem quite random. Worst case was a 2 hour interval and best cases were 31 minutes and 43 minutes.

• When you were testing it did you try increasing the delays from 1 to 2? (I assume "delay 1" is 1 second)
  • Did you try using fixed schedules? Maybe on the hour and half hour instead of waiting 30 minutes from the last update.
cheers
Dave
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

furbies

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 04, 2017, 09:51:24 PM
Hi furbies,

I hope you are monitoring this thread of yours.

I have been testing the 30 minute version of your EyeTV EPG Updater V3 and the update intervals seem quite random. Worst case was a 2 hour interval and best cases were 31 minutes and 43 minutes.

• When you were testing it did you try increasing the delays from 1 to 2? (I assume "delay 1" is 1 second)
  • Did you try using fixed schedules? Maybe on the hour and half hour instead of waiting 30 minutes from the last update.
cheers
Dave

Dave

The script works on elapsed time since start.

If you're looking in the EyeTV preferences / Guide window where EyeTV indicates when it last updated, that time/date doesn't always correctly show when it actually last updated. I suspect there's a a UI update bug involved.  A way to confirm EyeTV is updating I found is to leave the Preferences / Guide window open.

Dave check my user account "furbies" and it should show how often my IceTV is updating via my AppleScript "widget". I'm running the 2 hour update variant.

Regards

furbies