'Series 1 - Episode 3'

ABC2, 9:10pm, Thu, 7 Apr 2016, 30 minutes

I'm sure this is a repeat
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Tezza007

Tiphanee

Thanks for the note. This has now been updated and should appear in the guide shortly.

Kind regards,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

csutak40

Episodes

'Series 1 - Episode 4'

ABC2, 9:00pm, Thu, 14 Apr 2016, 30 minutes

is also a repeat
Cheers,
Judy

Tiphanee

Hi Judy -

Many thanks for your note.

I understand that Episodes Series 1 and Series 2 are a repeat on ABC as they have been previously screened on Nine.  However, ABC provide us with the EPG content and we are obliged to use it in the format we receive it.  In that EPG data, Episodes is marked as a first run on Thursday night and repeated on Saturday night.

Have a lovely weekend,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Tezza007

What use is that to your paying customers?

prl

Quote from: Tezza007 on April 09, 2016, 11:38:28 AM
Cost savings.

This isn't a new issue. I'm not sure what the arrangements with SBS are now, but IIRC IceTV v1 had arrangements with both SBS and ABC to use their EPG content, and they both kept editorial control over the content, so IceTV was unable to correct the data when it was incorrect.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007

So now we have to double check every show on those networks. Makes IceTv a little less useful

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on April 09, 2016, 12:17:33 PM
Cost savings.

This isn't a new issue. I'm not sure what the arrangements with SBS are now, but IIRC IceTV v1 had arrangements with both SBS and ABC to use their EPG content, and they both kept editorial control over the content, so IceTV was unable to correct the data when it was incorrect.

IIRC IceTV's most recent argument was that shows which were "new to ABC" (but which may have been shown previously on other FTA services) would not be flagged as repeats for the benefit of those subscribers whose tuning knobs were rusted on SBS and/or ABC. So which is it please IceTV? So far all I have seen from the IceTV subscribers who have posted on this issue is a preference for shows that have been shown anywhere else on FTA in Australia to be flagged as repeats. If it is really an issue of editorial control over content then let's hear it unequivocally. And if it is, then we can all sheet home the blame for the deceit where it belongs!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: prl on April 09, 2016, 12:17:33 PM
Cost savings.

I have no way of finding it, but I am convinced that IceTV used to advertise itself, (in the good old days  :D) by assuring us that this sort of thing won't happen.

I am really not happy about having to second guess IceTV all the time
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on April 09, 2016, 07:24:28 PM
... (in the good old days  :D) by assuring us that this sort of thing won't happen.
AFAIK, the general issue of IceTV taking their SBS and ABC EPGs direct from the source also happened in "the good old days". I've had  similar responses to the one Tiphanee posted to corrections I've posted for the ABC and SBS going way back in IceTV's history (I first started using IceTV in 2007).

What appears to have triggered this problem is that the ABC has changed their policy about what they mean by "repeat". Perhaps it should be referred to SCOSE, even though it's not strictly within their ambit ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi All,

With regards to the 'Repeat' issue, upon further reflection, ICE has reviewed its policy and will be marking programs with an appropriate 'r' in the instance they have been screened prior, regardless of whether or not it is on the same channel or network.  ICE will continue to use the synopsis information provided by ABC and SBS but will use its own discretion when it comes to marking with a repeat flag.

Kindest regards,

Tiphanee

Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanee. That sounds like the way to go!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tiphanee on April 12, 2016, 12:28:02 PM
Hi All,

With regards to the 'Repeat' issue, upon further reflection, ICE has reviewed its policy and will be marking programs with an appropriate 'r' in the instance they have been screened prior, regardless of whether or not it is on the same channel or network.  ICE will continue to use the synopsis information provided by ABC and SBS but will use its own discretion when it comes to marking with a repeat flag.

Kindest regards,

Tiphanee

Hallelujah! Thanks Tiphanee and IceTV for this.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: raymondjpg on April 12, 2016, 03:07:38 PM
Quote from: Tiphanee on April 12, 2016, 12:28:02 PM
Hi All,

Kindest regards,

Tiphanee

Hallelujah! Thanks Tiphanee and IceTV for this.

Ditto from me, as well!
Cheers,
Judy