SKIPPA not updating time for end of daylight saving (Melbourne)

Started by IanL-S, April 03, 2016, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

SKIPPA has time one hour ahead. Rebooting did not fix the problem nor did physically unplugging the SKIPPA. When it boots up it claims to be checking the time but obviously is not doing so. I may have to do a factory reset if no one has any better suggestion.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bodogbodog

Same problem here in Sydney

My post from the existing thread @ http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general/44/how-does-skippa-handle-daylight-savings-changover/4524/

So how did everyone's Skippas handle the changeover for Daylight Savings time overnight?

Mine is still showing AEST - so at 7am AET it's showing 8am - but the TV Guide seems to be showing the correct programming - just the time is showing incorrectly

Is it just me?

As always I had to manually change my Beyonwiz DP-2 to the correct GMT offset - no surprise there but the Skippa has me confused
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

bodogbodog

The good news is that it's handling recording ok as for some reason the guide on the Skippa is showing programme timing as 1 hour out - so at 9.50am the Skippa and its programme guide are quite happy thinking its 10.50am and the 9.50am (real time) programmes are being recorded

Confused? - so is the Skippa - but the good news is that it's working

For a minute there I thought we might now have a PVR that was only useful for 6 months of the year :-(
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

ChrisW

Quote from: bodogbodog on April 03, 2016, 09:57:07 AM
The good news is that it's handling recording ok as for some reason the guide on the Skippa is showing programme timing as 1 hour out - so at 9.50am the Skippa and its programme guide are quite happy thinking its 10.50am and the 9.50am (real time) programmes are being recorded

I thought that as well, until I noticed that the guide corrects itself later in the day.

After some investigation I've found that the guide adjusts itself around 2:00pm today - shows around that time are showing one hour shorter than they should be. e.g. MKR episode running from 1:00pm-2:20pm is showing as 2:00pm-2:20pm. The same applies to all other channels.

So I believe that any timers after 2:00pm will be out 1 hour - so we still have a problem, unless the Skippa time also adjusts itself at 2:00pm.

Perhaps the DST time adjustment is 12 hours out?

bodogbodog

The Skippa is now showing the correct time
Haven't checked out the guide yet...

So I wonder who is pulling the "strings" in terms of the time the Skippa is displaying

MD

No one is pulling any strings as the manufacturer has closed down so we have no way of updating anything within the box.  It would seem the manufacturer's software engineer has put the "extra hour" when the clocks go back at 2-3 pm instead of 2-3am.  Luckily not too much of a problem.  Had me worried first thing today though!!

bodogbodog

It was interesting that the guide remained accurate in terms of being able to record correctly this morning - then it all resolved correctly at 2pm

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the programming error - the reboots that occur reasonably regularly when things "collide" are disappointing - having said that I do like my Skippa when its running properly which is most of the time