Timers being sent to wrong channel

Started by TORB, May 17, 2016, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TORB

Hi there,

I recently replaced my old DP-P2 with a new T4 and have an issue with IceTV and the T4.

In my Guide Settings channel selection list (NSW-Wollongong) SBS Channel 3 is listed as disabled. The EPG info should be going to SBSHD on Channel 30. Unfortunately the EPG info in going to Channel 3.

ABC is listed as the info going to Channel 21 but its going to Channel 2.

Prime Southern shows Channel 61 selected for the EPG info, but its going to Channel 6. (However, 7Two on Channel 62 works properly.)

As I use an abbreviated list in my EPG Guide. Not having the correct info showing is a pain in the patootie.

What gives please?

Ian_AW

G'day,

I've just been through something similar having Gove from a "dead" DP-P1 to a T2.

THe whole thing of channels as we know them has been turned on its head. The Tx does not understand LCNs as such. With pointers from IceTV support, I ended up manually editing the terrestrial .tv file so that just the channels I want are there. The bouquet favourites and last scanned (I think) were emptied of all channels.

Now, I have just one channel where duplicates normally are, and are grouped.

So, I have channels 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30, 32, 33, 70, 71, 72, 73, 76, 90, 92, 93, and 94

If you are prepared to edit the .tv files yourself you can give it a go. Use keep a copy of the original ones.

Basically, it has to do with line numbers.

You will see a whole lot of identical lines. These are where no channels are present. In the metro areas, on line 3' you will see that line is not like the ones where no channels. The same will be for the next two. These are for channels 1 (One), 2 (ABC 1), 3 (SBS) then the next line with data for a channel will be for 7, then no channel for the next, then 9......

Now without listing the entire file, you get the idea.

Basically, the channel numbers as we know them are now lines in this file, with 1 starting on line 3. It becomes a case of figuring out which channels you want, and then editing the terrestrial .tv file. The reason you have effectively empty .tv files for the rest is to make sure that you do not have any alternate channels.

So far, I have not had any issues since doing this on my T2.

So, it is the channel you want plus 3 that gives you the line number. Don't delete the unwanted channels because this will give you "channel numbers" that will be all over the place.

So, it can be done, just a little more work, and by keeping a copy of the original and then the customised one, you can readily replace ones that get automatically updated.

Ah well, at least not as bad as what is happening with WIN and Southern Cross across the country with the channel swaps!

Always keep a copy of the originals.

prl

I had few problems with IceTV from the WIN/SCA swap.

In general, I'd recommend against editing the userbouquet.*.tv files manually.

If you do edit the userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv file, there are a few things to bear in mind:

• The system doesn't get the list of servicerefs that are used for matching IceTV timer requests from any of the userbouquet.*.tv files. It gets them from lamedb. Changing or emptying userbouquet.LastScanned.tv and/or userbouquet.favourites.tv will have no effect on how IceTV sets timers.
  • I'm not sure exactly what you've done in removing duplicated channels (like ABC LCNs 2 & 21). If you've simply replaced line 2 of userbouquet.favourites.tv with a "fill" entry (#SERVICE 1:832:D:0:0:0:0:0:0:0), that won't stop IceTV setting timers on LCN 2 if "All" is enabled in IceTV MyAccount. You may be able to get that to work by changing the My Account "Send to recorder as" to 21. The channel matching between IceTV and the Beyonwiz is completely independent of what's in userbouquet.favourites.tv.
I don't use LCNs for channel changing. I don't do much channel changing, anyway, because my main reason for using a PVR is to not watch TV live, where channel numbers might be of some use.

I don't see the point in learning all the LCNs (I now have 21 in my Favourites list), especially when things like the WIN/SCA switch means having to re-learn a big chunk of them. Better, IMO, to use a favourites list and memorise the numbers that are in the favourites list if you want to use the numbers pad for channel changes. You can then manage the numbering yourself, limited only by the fact that the numbering is sequential (unless you hack the favourites list files). That way, nine of the channels will be just a single number press.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing