"Spicks & Specks" v "Spicks and Specks" :(

Started by j s, December 18, 2006, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j s

Any chance of being more consistent with the naming of shows.  I missed the Xmas special because TEDS didn't  match on "Spicks AND Specks"  :(

blip

But it did match "Spicks (&|and) Specks", although I agree consistancy is important. Getting the names of new shows correct is also important. I add new shows to TEDS when I hear about them well before they are shown on TV here and ICE doesn't always list the show titles correctly so TEDS doesn't schedule them when they are eventually shown.

philzgr8

No, consistency is not IMPORTANT. As far as an EPG with series recording capabilities goes it's CRUCIAL. There's not much point in having the functionality if inconsistencies consistently thwart it. (Work that out! ;))

Mitch IceGuide

Ok. I have researched this and can tell you that the ABC changed the '&' to 'and'. As we faithfully (as per our agreement) duplicate their Guide, the title change filtered through. In this instance I have asked relevant staff to change back to '&' which was original title. This WILL happen again with other programs on ABC / SBS if they chage titles. I'm sure you can appreciate we cannot be checking every title of every program, every week to check if it is exactly the same as previously aired. We here at ICE are flexible, unlike many of the operating systems 'out there'. You might try writing to them but with some civility.

philzgr8

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on December 27, 2006, 03:36:19 PM
Ok. I have researched this and can tell you that the ABC changed the '&' to 'and'. As we faithfully (as per our agreement) duplicate their Guide, the title change filtered through. In this instance I have asked relevant staff to change back to '&' which was original title. This WILL happen again with other programs on ABC / SBS if they chage titles. I'm sure you can appreciate we cannot be checking every title of every program, every week to check if it is exactly the same as previously aired. We here at ICE are flexible, unlike many of the operating systems 'out there'. You might try writing to them but with some civility.
Do I take it then that you do not see it as within your charter to make representations on behalf of your users? I would have thought this would carry rather more weight than individual approaches.