House of Cards - It's a repeat of the original UK series

Started by prl, March 16, 2016, 07:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on March 22, 2016, 11:10:48 AM
The IceGuide says that the repeat of House of Cards that's about to show (the original UK mini-series) is wide screen. IMDb says it's 4:3.

Given its age, I'd guess that IMDb is right.

It is possible that the version to be shown is remastered to 16:9. The original had to be 4:3.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 22, 2016, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: prl on March 22, 2016, 11:10:48 AM
The IceGuide says that the repeat of House of Cards that's about to show (the original UK mini-series) is wide screen. IMDb says it's 4:3.

Given its age, I'd guess that IMDb is right.

It is possible that the version to be shown is remastered to 16:9. The original had to be 4:3.

I just had a look at a bit of the start pf the first episode. Definitely 4:3.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007

I saw a preview and the original footage was very poor quality. I recorded it, but when it comes time to watching it I may hit delete after a short while

raymondjpg

Quote from: Chairman on March 17, 2016, 10:16:46 AM
Believe me, just because it's 30 years old does not mean it's poor quality. It was the basis for the Netflix version and they wouldn't have chosen poor material. In my opinion it's actually better. Ian Ruchardson was a superb actor who brought a wonderful malevolence to the role. Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect is another example of old (25 year) yet still superb television.

Talking of, I see "Prime Suspect 1" starts screening tonight on 7TWO. To my recollection only the last two series were 16:9 so if this is the first series it will be 4:3.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tiphanee

Hi raymondjpg,

Thanks for your email.  This has now been corrected in the database.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader